View post (Dont hate your guitar, hate the strings.)

View thread

RCB-CA-USA
RCB-CA-USA
06/26/2016 10:59 pm
Originally Posted by: kvsealegs

I'm using ErnieBall Earthwood 80/20...

I tried the Dean Markly Blue Steel

Thanks for your thoughts...

The Earthwood phosphor bronze were nice but for the muddiness in the bass strings and they went dead quickly.

I tried the Dean Markley's on a few electric guitars, they sounded good, but they snapped a lot, and I generate high heat when I play, those strings went in and out of tune. In other words, I'd tune the guitar, play, as soon as I did heat generating chord slides, bends, speed picking, the strings would...heat stretch and go out of tune, then cool and come back in tune, which all strings do, but it was very noticeable on the Dean Markley Blue Steals. I suppose they'd be good for the gentle, careful, cold-fingered player. Come to think of it, it would be interesting to see how they do in an ice cold room. I had an SG that just came to life in an ice cold room, was dead and had a wobbly neck at normal and just above normal room temps.

I've tried a bunch of strings, the Everyly's and NYXL's ...they tune up fast, stay in tune, last a long time, sound great, no trade-offs, nothing compares.