View post (Should a band have a leader?)

View thread

maggior
maggior
05/07/2014 8:39 pm
I think you are right Steve - and I appreciate your vote of confidence. I did some googling and found that this is not an uncommon question. From what I read, bands that don't have some sort of leader flounder and take an eternity to get off the ground. We seem to be living proof.

I've tried to encourage decisions by putting choices out there as well as suggestions. I was trying to promote and facilitate discussion, even during the music school period. It just goes nowhere...herding cats :-(. I'm getting a sense that my level of enthusiasm for this project isn't shared with the others.

I'm giving myself time to think this over more, but I think the writing in on the wall that this gig just isn't for me. I'd rather bow out now so I don't feel obligated to cover a gig toward the end of August.

I would rather focus my energy on improving my skill as a guitarist than fight an uphill battle like this.

I think I'm going to give it a week and if I don't feel differently about it or of nothing changes, I'll gracefully bow out.