View post (2014 Les Paul Studio Pro vs. Studio)

View thread

maggior
maggior
04/18/2014 12:40 pm
Yes, is some respects the PRS guitars feel cheaper than the Les Pauls. I think it's a matter of weight. The PRS guitars are lighter and thinner. An SG is probably better compared to a PRS than a LP.

I'm intrigued by the locking tuners. Looks like it would make string changes an absolute breeze.

The tuners/knobs/switches on the Custom 24 felt solid and the neck was smooth. Not as smooth as my strat (it's like butter!), but I'm not going to find that anywhere else except maybe on another strat.

After doing some more reading and sleeping on it, I'm not so enthusiastic any more. This guitar has 2 extra frets, which changes the position of the neck pickup which impacts the sound. It is still the same scale length despite the extra frets.

I didn't have a problem playing it getting lost or anything - some people complain about that. Maybe I should just ignore that and just go with my impression holding it and playing it.

What I'd really like to do is play it again, but I'd have to find a place that has one that hasn't been played by every guitar player in a 100 mile radius :-). How does PRS plan on selling guitars if they make it so restrictive to have them in a store.