View post (PRS Recommendations)

View thread

fretsmith
fretsmith
02/25/2014 6:04 am
Hi Maggior; Can't say I've played a Summit but I'm tempted to endorse it simply on the first rate experiences I've had with other Godin's. $1000 isn't a promotional price point for Godin ( like it is with Gibson ). You can expect premium flame tops, quality tuners,electronics, and PICKUPS.

It's tough to shop a line that's not well represented at the retail level. I have several major markets within a few hours from me (Orlando/Jacksonville/Tampa) so several times a year I'll pack up the wagon and just go shopping, including the independent stores ( which is where I get to see and try a lot of the perimeter brands you just won't see at Guitar Center/Sam Ash )

I should have my ICON in 2-3 weeks ( I am going to buy new which I very rarely do but I'm pretty sure I will keep this particular guitar forever ) and after I've played it a few months I'll prepare a review. Good luck with your own shopping - there certainly are a ton of nice guitars available - I guess it just boils down to knowing what you like. T-Care ((PS- you're right; Seagull and Godin are one in the same ... they also make Richmond and Art & Lutherie ))