View post (Blues jam in Bm)

View thread

maggior
maggior
01/06/2014 2:09 pm
Originally Posted by: KasperowI'm trying to learn a few different covers, actually. The ones I'm trying to learn, or have on my list, by Aerosmith are "Dream On", "Train Kept A' Rollin'", "Cryin'" and "Living On The Edge". Generally, though, I intend to learn to play a handful of covers, not enough to be in a cover band, but enough to be able to select a few great covers for jamming with a band when I find the people. I've never tried those books with tabs and a play-along CD, though. I usually just borrow the tab-books from the library and take a copy for my own use. Are those Play-Along CDs just like the jam-tracks in the lessons here or am I mistaken?
[/QUOTE]
Yep, the play along CDs are just like the tracks here where they leave out the guitar parts. Also like here, they include a full performance. The performances are covers, so it's not the original band, but they are done well. They also include slow down software where you can slow it down without changing pitch by 50%. On one of the CDs, the software was easy to use, the other two it was just horrible to use. I'm looking into getting Transcribe! which has been recommneded here.

Train kept ' rollin' is a great song. You can certainly jam one that 'til the cows come home.

[QUOTE=Kasperow]
I'm actually tempted to try recording the Blues-jam I came up with last night. The problem is that I couldn't keep the rhythm for more than one or two play-throughs of the 12-Bar Pattern I was playing, once I started recording. Kept hitting bad notes and open strings. The rest of it did sound good, however, so I think I'll record it anyway and see what happens. It wasn't very original either, but that's less important as long as it mostly sounded good.

Awesome! Once you feel comfortable with it, I (and I'm sure a lot of others here) would love to hear it. What's good is not only do you know what you need to work on and but you know *what is working and sounds good*. Keep the recording and go back to it a month from now, 6 months from now, etc. and you'll hear just how far you've progressed.