View post (Blues jam in Bm)

View thread

Slipin Lizard
Slipin Lizard
01/05/2014 5:27 am
Hey! Nice job Rich!!

Originally Posted by: maggiorIt goes to show you how important it is to be able to listen to yourself playing from a recording - you get a totally different perspective.
[/QUOTE]

I totally agree! Its one of the things I love about my BOSS JS10... if things are clicking I can just hit record... just one button, and everything is immediately recorded. I also use it to try out chord progressions that I think might sound good to solo over. I record just the guitar, (no backing track) and then play it back and see if it works for soloing. Definitely a nice feature, and you're quite right, being able to step and listen to yourself really gives you a whole different perspective on your playing.

[QUOTE=maggior]
Now, there are a few glaring clangers in there. I'm not used to playing in Bm, so I hit a few bad spots there. All things considered, I thought it came out pretty good. So, please ignore those if you can.

You did have few little spots, but it doesn't matter since you're aware of them. I think its great that you posted flaws and all... I really wish more of the active forum members would post stuff so we could see how we're all doing... helps motivate everyone to work harder.

I really like those (oh god, I hope I have this right) triplet runs you're doing... I'd like to incorporate some of that into my own playing.

Any chance of posting the MP3? Thanks again for sharing! PS, never mind about the MP3, I found it!