View post (if you love this nation....)

View thread

john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
01/08/2013 1:25 am
Originally Posted by: Mike51A little history .. The Federal Reserve Act of 1913 was introduced in Congress by Carter Glass, a Democrat from VA. It was signed into law by Woodrow Wilson, of the Democratic Party. A decade later we had our first depression.

The most devastating event since then was the passage of the 17th Amendement which gave the election of Senators to the people (popular vote) rather than to the appointment by the State Legislature of the states that they were supposed to represent. At that point there was no longer anyone representing the rights and the interests of the states. Everyone got elected by promising the most to the citizens, the federal government began at that point to grow exponentially because there was no avenue the individual states could use to push back. This amendment was brought in under FDR, a statist, and a Democrat.

Actually, that depression was at least the fifth, not the first.

Further, the 17th Amendment was ratified about eight months *before* the enactment of the Federal Reserve Act. The amendment had been adopted in the House and Senate in the spring of 1912...20+ years before FDR.

As for the rest of the comments I defer to the Forum Posting Guide:

"Open Discussion: Use this forum to discuss anything that is not related to guitar. Anything from cars to food. POLITICAL AND RELIGIOUS as well R rated discussions are not allowed to ensure a fair and family environment for all our users." (emphasis mine)
"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins