View post (How to Deal with Performance Anxiety)

View thread

Kasperow
Kasperow
11/05/2014 3:34 pm
I think I'll be needing this article again in the near future. I just found out today, that one of my all-time biggest heroes, Soren Andersen (Glenn Hughes, Marco Mendoza, Mike Tramp, Electric Guitars, etc.), is coming to play at one of the two local venues, and he's decided to make that gig part concert, part JAM-NIGHT! Now, I would gladly pay 50$ just to hear him play his own songs, or even to hear him play with his band Electric Guitars (been there, done that, got a lot more than I expected). Getting the chance to jam with the man for only 10$ in total? That's what I call the chance of a life-time! I already know that I'll be bringing my Les Paul in a gig-bag and someone to take some pictures and maybe get some video too...

This is friggin' insane... It's like a dream that's about to come true! I'll have to re-read this article when that gig/jam comes closer. In the mean-time, I'll just have to spend my time practicing as much and as effectively as possible. I really don't want to f*** this chance up if I can do something to avoid it!
"Commit yourself to what you love, and things will happen."
- Mika Vandborg, Electric Guitars, "Follow Your Heart"
---
Gear:
Chateau PS-10 Cherry Power-Strat
Epiphone G-400 LTD 1966 Faded Worn Cherry
Epiphone Les Paul 100 Ebony (w/ Oil City Pickups Scrapyard Dog PLUS pickups)
Epiphone ES-345 Cherry
Fender 2014 Standard Stratocaster Sunburst
Martin DX1K Acoustic
Fender Mustang II Amplifier
Jet City Amplification JCA22H Tube-head and JCA12S+ cabinet
Pedals...