View post (Beginners Amp 4 Bedroom Guitarists..)

View thread

Slipin Lizard
Slipin Lizard
01/11/2012 12:53 am
Originally Posted by: axeman81
Wow, that sounds really gr8, click the audio tab after visiting the website above.

I can imagine how epic the output is when owning one. ;)

Not so sure... I've owned a fair number of amps in my time... the Jazz Chorus preset sounds pretty thin (I have a real Jazz Chorus amp)... modeling amps are great for their versatility, but from my experiences the "models" never hold up in the flesh when faced with the real thing. I also have a Laney Lionheart 5watt, which is a beautiful sounding amp, at least to my ears, but also its has a very distinctive tone & sound, and that's all you get. No one is going to mistake it for a Hi-Watt stack. I also had a Fender Princeton that was made in the 70's.. a buddy lent it to me for an extended period and I begged him to sell it to me when he wanted it back, but he wouldn't part with it (he didn't even play guitar!!). Real tube amps tend to do what they do really well, and that's it... they are a bit one dimensional, but once you've played through one and found a tone that you really like, you'd probably be hard-pressed to play through something else. Expensive though, but in my opinion well worth it.