View post (Been here for a month but might as well)

View thread

BadgerDave52
Full Access
BadgerDave52
Full Access
12/01/2011 1:13 am
Been playing guitar for ten years now, since I was fourteen. Although I'm not as good as I should be for having played ten years. I wasted a lot of those years by either "practicing poorly" (just played my favorite songs I could play instead of trying to improve) or focusing on other things. About a month ago I realized that I really wanted to take the next step since playing music is my biggest passion, so I joined the site, and a month later I feel as if I've improved more than I have in the last 5 years or so.

Anyway, as far as my styles, Metallica was my favorite band as a kid and they got me into playing guitar, so I still enjoy listening to them and playing their music though not so much. I'm the biggest Red Hot Chili Peppers (and obviously John Frusciante fan) so I'm really trying to absorb as much as possible about funk guitar and that kind of alternative rock. I also really enjoy playing bluesy rock. Other artists' styles that I really like are John Mayer (hate the guy, love his guitar playing) and Keith Urban (country rockstar).