View post (Am I Too Old)

View thread

Tankgirl_84
Tankgirl_84
01/16/2012 3:18 am
In response to "Am I too old", NO Way!!! I'm turning 62 in February, I have a fulltime job, and I still have time to teach myself every night for an hour and every morning for about 15 minutes with the aid of GuitarTricks how to play the guitar. I always wanted to learn since i sang in my highschool band eons ago. Now with no kids in the house, no one to bug I can practice and sing to my hearts content. Getting both hands and mouth to work together is not really so dfifficult. Learn chords slowly as instructed in new beginner lessons hum while playing them, strum to the beat, then bring up to speed. If your humming your singing so just add the words. But most of all enjoy!! If your not joining a hugs band and doing thisi for friends and grandchildren then enjoy. If you make a mistake don't stop just keep playing odds are no one will be able to tell. I started in April and can play the 13 easy Christmas songs, some blues, Icky Thump,collide by Howie day, Hotel California, and Rolling in the Deep, just to mention a few......and I'm not done yet!! I love Alternative. So don't give up, I don't have the reach for some chords but try replacement ones. Check out the internet. Good Luck! I know with practice you too can enjoy and have fun playing like I do! :)