View post (Am I Too Old)

View thread

newfjustlearning
newfjustlearning
01/11/2012 9:12 pm
Hi Keith,

My name is Joe and I just wanted to emphasize(spell) that it's really important that you have a properly setup guitar as well. For years I've played on cheap guitars and it kept turning me off and I wouldn't stick with it. Don't get me
Wrong, you don't need a thousand dollar guitar but the action needs to be proper and even neck widths are different. Sometimes its te little things that make a difference. If you can find someone else who is into the same music to have a little jam together once every couple of weeks helps with the confidence and motivation booster.

I'm brand new to this site but I think forums are Also great places to get your ideas and thoughts down. Keep on plugging away and keep in touch. I'm 35 and have been playing for 20 years. I've never really progressed because I've never challenged myself...that's all about to change now though. A week go I almost sold my Martin D-18 for a downpayment on a toy. That would have been a regretful mistake. Instead, after sleeping on it I decided to have another go at playing, this time with some online help. I think we are both heading in the right direction. Cheers Man and Keep on Rockin.

Joe