View post (Am I Too Old)

View thread

Carl Longe
Carl Longe
12/06/2011 4:39 am
My wife bought me an accoustic last Christmas, I was sure I'd be playing at least a few songs by now! I guess it really depends on your life and the time you put into practising. The first 5 months I learned my 5 cords, A,C,D,E & G. (forget the F and B for now!!LOL)and took a few lessons from a friend that plays not too bad, however, we only jammed and drank, don't remember much of what he taught me..... Then my wife and I went on a 4 week holiday which didn't include bringing my guitar, bad mistake! I forgot alot in one month, at least my hand and brain weren't quit where they were before we left. So since we have been back I have tried to practise as much as possible, the last month at least 2-3 hours a day, really makes a difference! (My fingers are going thru their 3rd or 4th break-in, ouch!! lol
I really can't play anything, but I know im getting closer. I bought this course about a month after Christmas, had I been following it better, I certainly would be playing better. I think it really doesn't matter how old you are, your never too old to take up playing a guitar or anyother instrument as long as you are able to physically. It's fun and magical all at the same time!!
First time i've written in this forum, hope everyone has a great Christmas and New Year!!!