View post (favorite guitarist?)

View thread

02/10/2001 5:00 pm
Originally posted by Zeppelin
Yeah RG Lloyd, get reall man...
believe me ,that there are lots of guitarist that can blow knofler, or slash or even hendrix anytime...
ever heard the name brian may??
or richie blackmore???
believe me richie blackmore was 10 times better player then hendrix or slash....and even if your opinion different from mine, dont tell i dont apreciate the guitar man....
believe me slash and knofler are much more commercial musicians than blackmore ever was....

Zeppelin don't go down that path man, you're sounding worse then Lloyd the way you're bashing guitarists and rating the "best". So lloyd thinks we don't appreciate the instrument- fine, leave him with his ignorance. Dont' go and say something more ignorant like "richie blackmore was 10 times better player then hendrix or slash". Am I saying Blackmore isn't good, possible great? Hell no, I don't even know his playing that well. But if there's one thing that I can't stand (which I had hoped was an issue that had been beaten into the ground on this board) is that on an instrument as versatile as the guitar, there can be no "best" guitarist. You have a right to a preference, that goes without saying. Your is blackmore. But don't go saying that "richie blackmore was 10 times better player then hendrix or slash".

Also, I don't know how you got the idea that Slash was commercial. Living with your band in a one-room roach infested apartment while struggling with the cut-throat L.A. club scene doesn't sound to commercial to me. And after GNR released Appetite for Destruction, it was about another 4 or 5 years until they released Use Your Illusion I.