View post (Classical Vs. Electric)

View thread

quickfingers
quickfingers
09/06/2007 5:45 pm
most popular classical guitar music is fairly easy to play. virtuoso pieces made for the fingers, as well as traditional flamenco music, would be extremely diffucult to play without perfect finger coordination as well as speed and accuracy. playing a racer x solo can have the same ammount of difficulty as learning a bach duet; it really just depends on your skills as a guitarist.

i don't know what kind of flamenco you guys have been exposed to, but due to the fact that we're mostly white dudes that like metal, we usually listen to white dudes that play very....well, white. i've dubbed this kind of flamenco "euro-trash" simply because its really just a dude with a ponytail named 'batista' playing harmonic minor scale runs over some pretty classical background music. try getting your ears on some authentic flamenco and it will blow you away at the difference of popular styles of music. hell, you can't even play spanish guitar if you don't know techniques that 99% of us guitarists don't practice (regaldos, etc).
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE