View post (Slipknot's new album)

View thread

z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
10/01/2005 10:32 pm
Originally Posted by: quickfingersand for the people that sit there and go "nothing good has come out in the last 30 years" need to go hide in a cave with a gun and one bullet. who are you trying to convince by saying that jimmy paige is god? me, or yourself? yea, zep rocks, im crazy about the band, i rock out to them almost daily and ****, but it doesnt mean you cant A:like indie local scenes and B:like bands on the radio. um, newsflash: LED ZEPPELIN USED TO BE PLAYED AT HIGH SCHOOL PROMS. wow, slipknot goes over the top to create a metalish atmosphere. who cares, dude? they still kick some pretty moderate ass, and to tehll you the truth, id rather listen to "i am hated" by slipknot than "jump" by van halen. yea, its fun to play van halen solos. so what. you guys (and granted, many of you might not fit this category, but alot more do as far as i have seen) get talent mixed with showmanship, which bugs me. yes, theyre musicians, and yes, theyre good. no, neither of the guitarists would win a guitar duel against joe petrucci. who cares. in all reality, almost no one. you dont have to hate bands that arent 100% gods to be a musician. i havent been playing guitar for even 3 years, but ive probably played more shows than half of you, simply becasue i gave the finger to the whole "you have to be better than any guitarist in teh city for people to go watch you." newsflash, most people dont have a clue about musical talent if it hit them in the face. thats not a good thing, but if people like a bands songs over a solo artist that sits with a classical guitar and plays every eccentric lead riff in teh world, its a different kind of thing. yes, i respect good guitarists. however, i would much rather see the rock n roll soldiers than joe satriani anyday. you guys need to quit hiding in your little "once im better than vai, ill play open mic night at starbucks" imaginations, and get in a ****ing band. if it applies to you, you know who you are.

im in a ****ing band...rock and roll soldiers are from my town and they suck IMO....i think jimmy page is god...that means i like him best...alice in chains rocked and they are not 30 years old. i dont even know who you are so why would you think im trying to convince you of anything, im stating an opinion. p.s. **** off
"Dammit Jim!! I'm a guitarist not a roadie...so haul my gear"