guitar that sounds like a violin

Renisenb
Renisenb
05/25/2005 5:32 pm
I don't know if this will be of any use to you... but there are some really awesome sounds you can make if you crunch the bow down hard on the violin string just right, and if you have a quick enough wrist, the sound is just amazing.

If you could recreate that on guitar it would probably be neat. It'd take a scratchy sound and maybe some harmonics or string dampening... don't know how you'd go about it technically as I don't know crap about electric guitars. I wish I had a recording of the chopping sound I'm talking about so you could actually hear it. But I think it'd be cool to do this choppy, confused sound then break into something smooth and drawn out... would probably be neat on an electric guitar if done properly.
# 1
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
05/25/2005 7:56 pm
Dude, get an e-bow, it is a small box thing that is held in the picking hand and emits an electro-magnetic field that makes the string vibrate, which sounds awesome. They are hard to learn to use...takes lots of practice, but sounds amazing.
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 2
MoonliteShred
MoonliteShred
05/28/2005 12:44 am
i have just heard eric johnson's ah via musicom his guitar really sounds like a violin. i think his not using any volume swells or ebow. his line of effects and his guitar combination made a violin sound. damn his good i have check out his setup at his official site and he has massive equipments. damn
For the love of music not for the love of money!!! :D

:p
# 3
fastelvis
fastelvis
06/03/2005 11:28 am
Many multi-effects pedals have a "slow gear" effect.
Boss GT units have it and can combine (assign) with other effects (like EQ or volume) to the expression pedal. Toss in some guitar tone control on the swell and you're there. I get some great "whale song" from my GT3 with Slow and a volume pedal. Bring on the reverb.

I really want to try an Ebow, however.
I once thought a "Sweeping Arpeggio" was an Italian janitor.
# 4
MoonliteShred
MoonliteShred
06/04/2005 12:47 am
a boss gt is way too expensive for me. can i do it on an me 50?
For the love of music not for the love of money!!! :D

:p
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.