This examples uses the root position A minor pentatonic at 5th fret, Albert King box, and B.B. King box as foundational territories for his bluesy solo work. There's lots of space between phrases and tons of vibrato on sustained notes.
Dave's latest Rock tutorials
Learn more about your instructor
- Dickey Betts Artist Study: Welcome
- Dickey Betts Artist Study: Gear & Tone
- Major Pentatonic & Hexatonic Melodies: Lesson
- Major Pentatonic & Hexatonic Melodies: Play
- Major Hexatonic Harmonies: Lesson
- Major Hexatonic Harmonies: Play
- Minor Hexatonic & Dorian: Lesson
- Minor Hexatonic & Dorian: Play
- Bluesy Major / Minor Blues: Lesson
- Bluesy Major / Minor Blues: Play
I find it quite easy (so far!) to navigate, and found the "where do I start" to be very helpful! I'm getting there!!
I LOVE the forum, too. I've never been one to use forums, but the GT forum is full of great people and helpful information at ALL levels! Congrats on a WONDERFUL site!!Good job!