Betts usually harmonized in 3rds, but threw in an occasional 4th or 5th if it sounded better. Dickey and Duane spent a lot of time working their harmonies out to get it just right.
Dave's latest Rock tutorials
Learn more about your instructor
- Dickey Betts Artist Study: Welcome
- Dickey Betts Artist Study: Gear & Tone
- Major Pentatonic & Hexatonic Melodies: Lesson
- Major Pentatonic & Hexatonic Melodies: Play
- Major Hexatonic Harmonies: Lesson
- Major Hexatonic Harmonies: Play
- Minor Hexatonic & Dorian: Lesson
- Minor Hexatonic & Dorian: Play
- Bluesy Major / Minor Blues: Lesson
- Bluesy Major / Minor Blues: Play
I find it quite easy (so far!) to navigate, and found the "where do I start" to be very helpful! I'm getting there!!
I LOVE the forum, too. I've never been one to use forums, but the GT forum is full of great people and helpful information at ALL levels! Congrats on a WONDERFUL site!!Good job!