Most versatile guitarist?

Guitar Tricks Forum > Famous Bands and Artists > Most versatile guitarist?

CW14

Originally Posted by: Akira
He covered some spice girls songs...

Awesome! I must see if I can get hold of these..

Did he cover any Hanson?
BOL

Originally Posted by: Akira
He covered some spice girls songs...

Did he cover any Hanson?
BOL

Akira

Originally Posted by: CW14

Did he cover any Hanson?

Thankfully, no.
You can now find me >here

Did he cover any Hanson?

Thankfully, no.
You can now find me >here

Fretfire

Originally Posted by: FireAndIce24
took the words right outta my mouth. he went from being the craziest metal shredder to mr. big pop rock to his solo album to bealtes covers...he wins hands down.

Yeah, very true indeed, Paul Gilbert can do it all, from Racer X shred master to Mr Big mainstream act to a Cover artist. He even did a solo of
2 become 1 by the Spice girls. He can also play Blues, Neo classical and fussion...He is also a very good entertainer with his stage antics like playing the guitar with a drill pick and engaging a guitar duel with Billy Sheehan while in Mr Big. What a complete player.

I hope Paul Gilbert can be included in the G3 line up, or if not possible make It a G4..If that happens.... It will be an every guitarist dream concert, Imagine Paul playing with Steve Vai, Joe Satriani and Yngwie Malmsteen...WOW !! , A total wankfest for sure......................................................................................................WHO do you think will WIN?

Originally Posted by: FireAndIce24
took the words right outta my mouth. he went from being the craziest metal shredder to mr. big pop rock to his solo album to bealtes covers...he wins hands down.

Yeah, very true indeed, Paul Gilbert can do it all, from Racer X shred master to Mr Big mainstream act to a Cover artist. He even did a solo of
2 become 1 by the Spice girls. He can also play Blues, Neo classical and fussion...He is also a very good entertainer with his stage antics like playing the guitar with a drill pick and engaging a guitar duel with Billy Sheehan while in Mr Big. What a complete player.

I hope Paul Gilbert can be included in the G3 line up, or if not possible make It a G4..If that happens.... It will be an every guitarist dream concert, Imagine Paul playing with Steve Vai, Joe Satriani and Yngwie Malmsteen...WOW !! , A total wankfest for sure......................................................................................................WHO do you think will WIN?

ren

Originally Posted by: Fretfire
Imagine Paul playing with Steve Vai, Joe Satriani and Yngwie Malmsteen...WOW !! , A total wankfest for sure......................................................................................................WHO do you think will WIN?

Yngwie.... 'cos he's the fastest wanker! :D

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here!
https://www.renhimself.com

Imagine Paul playing with Steve Vai, Joe Satriani and Yngwie Malmsteen...WOW !! , A total wankfest for sure......................................................................................................WHO do you think will WIN?

Yngwie.... 'cos he's the fastest wanker! :D

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here!
https://www.renhimself.com

PRSplaya

Full Access

I think Zakk Wylde is a pretty versatile guitarist. He does/did the Ozzy thing, he's got the Black Label Society stuff which consists of heavey stuff along with lighter upbeat accoustic stuff. I've heard him do Hendrix covers. Even heard him do some country "chicken pickin". I'm not saying he's THE most versatile guitarist. All I'm saying is he's able to cover many different styles very well.
Tonja Renee's personal instructor

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW

I think Zakk Wylde is a pretty versatile guitarist. He does/did the Ozzy thing, he's got the Black Label Society stuff which consists of heavey stuff along with lighter upbeat accoustic stuff. I've heard him do Hendrix covers. Even heard him do some country "chicken pickin". I'm not saying he's THE most versatile guitarist. All I'm saying is he's able to cover many different styles very well.
Tonja Renee's personal instructor

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW

Ian Rossiter

Brent Mason

For those not in the know, Brent Mason is a session player from Nashville who's name you not might know....but you've heard him.
He's not only the most scary country shredder, but a formidable Jazz player. Ever watch Friends??? The end music is Brent. He's done 1000's of sessions for everything from Shania Twain to Levi's. There ain't a syle he can't nail.
Danny Gatton was another guy who could do it all;Jazz,Country,Rockabilly,Soul, Blues, Surf.....ect.
Tommy Tedesco was a Hollywood session player in the 50's,60's,70'sand 80's. Ever hear the theme song from ;M*A*S*H,Three's Company,ever hear the Beach Boys...that was Tommy. He was called the most recorded Guitarist in history. Countless TV,Film and Album work over 40 yrs!!!
Ian

Brent Mason

For those not in the know, Brent Mason is a session player from Nashville who's name you not might know....but you've heard him.
He's not only the most scary country shredder, but a formidable Jazz player. Ever watch Friends??? The end music is Brent. He's done 1000's of sessions for everything from Shania Twain to Levi's. There ain't a syle he can't nail.
Danny Gatton was another guy who could do it all;Jazz,Country,Rockabilly,Soul, Blues, Surf.....ect.
Tommy Tedesco was a Hollywood session player in the 50's,60's,70'sand 80's. Ever hear the theme song from ;M*A*S*H,Three's Company,ever hear the Beach Boys...that was Tommy. He was called the most recorded Guitarist in history. Countless TV,Film and Album work over 40 yrs!!!
Ian

The Ace

Guitar Tricks Instructor

Originally Posted by: Kutzki
you guys ever heard of an album called" picture of nector"
i would say phish's guitarist
i dono his name is the most versatile

TREY ANASTASIO?! I love that guy! Not a huge phish fan though...
There are only two important things in life - There's music and theres girls, not necessarily in that order....
The Ace's Guitar Tricks

Originally Posted by: Kutzki
you guys ever heard of an album called" picture of nector"
i would say phish's guitarist
i dono his name is the most versatile

TREY ANASTASIO?! I love that guy! Not a huge phish fan though...
There are only two important things in life - There's music and theres girls, not necessarily in that order....
The Ace's Guitar Tricks

alucard0941

Did he cover any Hanson?

I can just imagin him doing Umm Bob
__
/--\
o-/-||-\-o
o-/ -||- \-o
o-\ -||- /-o
\___/
|--|
|--|
|--|
:eek:

My Music

whoooo hoooo !!!!

Did he cover any Hanson?

I can just imagin him doing Umm Bob
__
/--\
o-/-||-\-o
o-/ -||- \-o
o-\ -||- /-o
\___/
|--|
|--|
|--|
:eek:

My Music

whoooo hoooo !!!!

FireAndIce24

hes been invited a guest apperance a couple times but hes probably not going to be part of the main line up beacuse he dosent have that much intrumental material compared to vai and stach.

hes been invited a guest apperance a couple times but hes probably not going to be part of the main line up beacuse he dosent have that much intrumental material compared to vai and stach.

Cryptic Excretions

Attorney at Law

I think that Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth and Jimmy Page ought to be worth mentioning.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.

I think that Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth and Jimmy Page ought to be worth mentioning.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.