first time in the blog (Army Story)

chrisisroks
chrisisroks
06/21/2022 7:51 am

hello all... So a bit about myself, I tried to join the Army infantry back in 2018, went to benning for basic and was set to become 101st Airborne.... but thats not exactly how it panned out. Unfortunatly I got a medical discharge for passing out twice because I was dumb or wise depending how you look at it. So basicly I went lights out the first time during intense exercise cuz i dident have enough salt in my system, I got horrendusly bullied and beaten up a few times " for motivation" and by golly it worked because I became too motivated and I pushed myself way too hard during a run till I went lights out again, I thought I did good at first until I realized I was in an ambulance and my Drill Instructor told me I was going home. I was incredibly sad when hearing this. But my buddy I had in basic told me recently that 8 guys we knew have already died in combat. my bud also got PTSD pretty bad after getting shot and seeing horrible stuff. maybe I should count myself lucky for getting out when I did, though part of me feels like my place could have been fighting alongside my brothers-in-arms.

Moma always said life is like a box of rocklets. you never know what your gonna shred

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
06/21/2022 4:48 pm

Welcome to the Guitar Tricks community, Chris! Thank you for joining us. We are happy to have you. Thank you for your bravery and sharing your story.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
06/21/2022 6:39 pm

If you think basic was rough, wait until you try to practice an hour every day and then find it's not enough.

Good luck, have fun.

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 3
compart1
compart1
07/05/2022 1:18 pm

Better to have have tried and failed then to never had tried at all.. Hope you have better luck with guitar.

Stay hydrated. It helps with every thing...

# 4
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/07/2022 4:06 pm

Making music is very calming and healing to the system.

When we are around music that we love, our brains naturally emit oxytocin (the 'love' hormone), dopamine (happy, calming), and seratonin (anti-anxiety, anti-depressant).

Music actually and literally changes our state of mind for the better, the happier, the calmer.

I hope you find this to be true for you as you learn to play the guitar.

Don't put any pressure on yourself - just let the experience unfold at whatever rate and pace is right for you. [br][br]

Be well, and welcome to GuitarTricks!

- Lisa

Lisa McCormick, GT Instructor
Acoustic, Folk, Pop, Blues

Full Catalog of Lisa's Guitar Tricks Tutorials
Find Lisa on Facebook!
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.