Finally taking this serious - just joined

afpierson
afpierson
02/21/2022 12:36 am

Hello, I have been playing guitar and know many chords, but I only have strummed songs with major chords. I never realy learned scales, barre chords, scales so I can tie them in between chords, etc. After years, I still consider myself a beginner, because I never really took the time to structure my learning. I am thankful for GuitarTricks because I am planning now to methodically follow the lessons from beginning to end (I am curently praticing the C Major (Do, Re, Mi...) scale and getting pretty good at it now. I have both an electric acoustic and electric guitar, but I am teaching myself on an acoustic guitar, because that is what the instructor teaches on (Anders). I plan to practice for at least 30-45 mins a day because I really enjoy the guitar. Best of luck to all of you. By the way, I am in my 50s so it's never to late for a hobby.

# 1
afpierson
afpierson
02/22/2022 7:21 pm

Sascha,

Thank you. I have been taking the Anders courses and am currently working on the melodies. I really am enjoying the course and usually take about 45 mins a day to practice. I appreciate your recommendations and wish you the best.

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.