Hi all!

K-Log
K-Log
12/12/2011 2:33 am
Not really a newb here but signed up for a year in one of the latest promotionals...1st post... Been at the guitar for 5 yrs or so now and play rhythm. Mostly open position chords to the beat of the song, not really to a specific timing or strumming pattern if that makes sense.. I know some bar chords and scales but don't use them alot.. Like to play country, old rock is good, have both acoustic and electric guitars. I have some questions that I will post in the Guitar Basics forum.. Thanks!
# 1
Slipin Lizard
Slipin Lizard
12/12/2011 6:48 am
Hi K-Log, welcome to the site! Sounds like you're in the right place! One thing I like to recommend to the new guys who are dabbling in acoustic is to check out Lisa McCormick's "Finger Picking for Beginner's" series... great, short, easy-to-follow lessons that build really well on each other... if you've ever thought of getting into fingerpicking, these are for you! Thing is, even if you want to learn how to solo, or learn specific solo's or songs on electric, you can take a "break" and work on the acoustic fingerpicking lessons... she gets you playing some pretty cool stuff really quick. Worth the price of admission right there, but the other instructors & lessons are great too. Christopher is "da man" when it comes to any questions about electric, or really detailed theory questions... but he'll answer simple questions too!

Have fun!
# 2
Douglas Showalter
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Douglas Showalter
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/12/2011 10:54 pm
Welcome and congratulations K-Log!

I think you will find what you are looking for. :)
Douglas Showalter
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.