New to Guitartricks

Johnny014
Johnny014
12/07/2011 3:01 pm
Hello everyone there are alot of you here. I played (or corded if you will) with familly and freinds 20 years ago and then life got in the way. I made a commitment to myself one month ago to pick up my guitar and learn more then stumming. here i have learned lots of new techs and am understanding the fret board better. I practice everyday and usually feel good at the end of my sesion however i dont know if my fingers will ever reach the frets in some songs. Owell guess we will see. I am now just learning about all the forums and it looks like you people know what your talking about. Thanks
# 1
Razbo
Full Access
Razbo
Full Access
12/08/2011 1:50 am
You won't regret picking up the guitar again. Or the lessons this site for that matter. Good luck!
...so ever since then, I always hang on to the buckle.
# 2
Sloworm
Sloworm
12/08/2011 10:51 am
Hello I signed up for the free lessons just to explore this online learning site. I like what I've seen so far but am a little unsure where to begin. I played guitar in my youth. Now 50 years on I am retired and have decided to start up the hobby again. My hands are shaky and I need some guidelines what should I practice to get up to speed. I love acoustic.
# 3
Johnny014
Johnny014
12/08/2011 3:51 pm
I can relate to the question where to start. I guess it all starts with where are you know and where do you want to go and why! For myself i played 20 years ago all cords and runs on an acustic. learned from familly and basic cord books as long as i played with a group all was good. As like many people life got in the way and i just stopped however always kept my guitar. Now i have time so I still have the interest and started to look at clips on utube and followed best icould. Then i said to myself there is abetter way. I like acustic and have a twelve string Yamaha and have had it for a long time because it sounds full while you play be yourself songs like Me and Bobby Megee. I found gitaur tricks and with its basic instruction i started all over again from the start to bring back some of my skills and build on new ones. then as i got a little better at scales and leads i started to select songs i liked. Songs that you like are somtimes hard to find on sites. With an open mind i looked at other sites and finally selected three sites one for electrice classic rock, one for blue grass picking and one for over all selection. At this point it seems to be working ( however perfect practice is the most important tool) In a short time working slow (important) and staying with it even if you think your skills and mind will never get it. You will get better every day. Now i have three guitars that are all diffrent and all great to play all the songs i like. I have my original twelve string, Gibson Les Paul for classic rock and a martin DCAP-1 six string for overall and picking. Have a goal be honest with yourself and practice and enjoy the process. You will be amazed.
# 4
OpenStrum
OpenStrum
12/08/2011 11:06 pm
welcome to the forums!

# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.