Old_Enforcer
Old_Enforcer
09/19/2011 6:36 am
Hi all greetings from Australia and glad to be here. I'm another old guy (50) who is starting to learn the guitar for the first time. I have a couple of mates who started playing late and do pretty well now.

I sprung for a new Mexican Stratocaster and Vox 40w amp and have started the GT1 course. It looks tailor made for me and hopefully with some effort I will learn to play my instrument.

So far this site gets a big tick for me so wish me luck people.

Cheers

Paul
# 1
compart1
Full Access
compart1
Full Access
09/19/2011 11:32 am
Hi Paul,
Welcome to Guitar Tricks...
It's good place to work on guitar.. Actually, none better..
Hope you enjoy it..
Gordon
# 2
Old_Enforcer
Old_Enforcer
09/28/2011 3:39 am
I'm progressing slowly and finding the site great as I can learn at my own pace, having some house renovations done right now which is a pain but will be back to normal in 2 weeks.

I thought I would share a sad story my mother told me last night after I told her I was learning the guitar.

She told me she could read music and play the piano from the age of 4 before she could even read English ! She went to an exclusive girls Catholic school here in Sydney where she was learning classical music where she eventually was thrown out of the music class for playing "devils" music ... The Andrews Sisters ! Evidently the little sisters of no mercy believed modern music was just a fad and was banned but my mother was headstrong and rebelled.

The upshot was she has never played a note on an instrument since 1955 nor attended a church outside weddings and funerals since.

cheers

Paul
# 3
RickBlacker
Full Access
RickBlacker
Full Access
09/28/2011 3:07 pm
Originally Posted by: Old_EnforcerSo far this site gets a big tick for me so wish me luck people.

Paul

No luck needed Paul, just good old fashioned dedication! :)
Welcome to Guitar Tricks.
[U]Ricks Current Mystery Video[/U] - Updated Monday March/02/2015
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.