Videos won't play all the way through

RonaldR
Full Access
RonaldR
Full Access
06/08/2022 3:24 pm

Some videos no longer play all the way through :-(

For example, the tutorial video for "Downstroke Practice Tune Play Through" in Acoustic 1 -> Chapter 1 simply won't play beyond about 30 or 35 seconds.

I've verified this on separate browsers (Chrome, Edge) after clearing browser cache.

Any help? Makes it impossible to practice :-(

# 1
RonaldR
Full Access
RonaldR
Full Access
06/08/2022 3:27 pm

It seems I can work around the problem by manually removing the "&s_id=xxx" portion of the page URL.

For example, if you navigate normally to the practice tune page, the URL is

"https://www.guitartricks.com/lesson.php?input=28846&s_id=2443"

I manually delete the "&s_id=2443" and you get:[br]"https://www.guitartricks.com/lesson.php?input=28846"

Reload the page, and now the video works all the way through. Can tech support please use this information to troubleshoot this bug?

# 2
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
06/08/2022 5:07 pm

Hi Ronald,

We would suggest to first, try adjusting your video quality settings. You can do this by hovering over the video and pressing the icon that looks like a GEAR, and then pressing QUALITY, which will bring up a series of numbers. The higher the number means the better the video quality. Setting your video quality to a lower number means it will load faster but the quality of the video may be a little blurrier.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 3
RonaldR
Full Access
RonaldR
Full Access
06/08/2022 8:23 pm

Thanks for the reply. I did try reducing the quality in my settings before posting. I had seen that suggestion in another thread.

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to help. For me, the videos aren't just pausing for a little bit. They are stopping, with the spinning cursor, and they never recover, no matter how long I wait.

# 4
john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
06/08/2022 10:39 pm

RonaldR -

I clicked on your referenced link and it began quickly and played through to the end. All was normal. This was about seven hours after your post. The video was run on my somewhat old/slow laptop via my internet service which is also a fairly slow DSL... made even slower this week by soggy ground which seems to slow down the service here in rural, western Montana. My GT setting is is 720p.

Given Admin's response and my 'test', it looks like your problem results from your settings or is an ISP issue.

Good luck.

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 5
RonaldR
Full Access
RonaldR
Full Access
06/09/2022 2:58 pm

Thanks john of MT for the test. I'll continue to troubleshoot.

Whatever it is, it's substantially worse over the past few days. I keep my (Windows) OS on automatic updates, as well as my browsers. So thing are shifting all the time.

I'm at a point where things fail more often than not. The video stalls forever if I jump forward in time, and when I expand the video to be full screen. I eventually stumble my way through using page reloads but I'm spending more time wrestling with the playback now than practicing

# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.