Songs again being discontinued.

CFM37
CFM37
03/24/2021 1:49 am

I noticed again some of my favorite artists (Boston, Soundgarden,The Who, Tom Petty, and Prince) are being discontinued due to issues with renewal. This happend when I left before, when you lost most of Hendrix's stuff. Again I have cancled my membership but this time I'm done. I understand it's not you fault. I can't stay when the 10% of the music I like here gets cut 90% of the time. I use another site that allows the downloading and hard copy discs, so in case they loose the right, I don't loose the music. Thanks and good luck to all. Special thanks to Mike Oleksky and Anders Mouridsen, my favs.

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
03/24/2021 6:31 pm

Hi CFM37 – I have an update regarding our song library.

[br]Unfortunately, we are unable to renew the license for a selection of our song lessons and we will be unpublishing these songs at the end of the month (March 31st).

[br]This is not the outcome we hoped for and we tried everything we could to keep these lessons on the site. Despite our efforts we weren't able to renew our license and we need to unpublish the songs.

[br]I want to be clear that this does not happen regularly. In fact, it is so rare that I knew it was crucial to announce this to you all as early as possible.

For more information as to why this is happening, and a breakdown of which songs are being removed, please check out the following forum post: https://www.guitartricks.com/forum/thread.php?f=24&t=56991

We apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you for using Guitar Tricks!

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
CFM37
CFM37
03/24/2021 9:46 pm

"I want to be clear that this does not happen regularly. In fact, it is so rare that I knew it was crucial to announce this to you all as early as possible."

It may be rare in general when you look at your entire list of Artists. But if you look at Guitar Centered Rock and Roll Legends it happens here frequently. Artists like The Eagles, Hendrix, The Who, Pink Floyd Prince, Soundgarden, Boston, Tom Petty...gone. I apppreciate the appology but would prefer a refund.

# 3
fernbrown19.88.89
fernbrown19.88.89
03/25/2021 10:29 am
Originally Posted by: CFM37

I noticed again some of my favorite artists (Boston, Soundgarden,The Who, Tom Petty, and Prince) are being discontinued due to issues with renewal. This happend when I left before, when you lost most of Hendrix's stuff. Again I have cancled my membership but this time I'm done. I understand it's not you fault. I can't stay when the 10% of the music I like here gets cut 90% of the time. I use another site that allows the downloading and hard copy discs, so in case they loose the right, I don't loose the music. Thanks and good luck to all. Special thanks to Mike Oleksky and Anders Mouridsen, my favs.

If you didn’t sync it up with iCloud Music Library it will probably be gone. I had the same issue until I realized iCloud music library was off. When I turned it back on everything came back. It does take some time even on wifi with the app on tho. Try logging into iTunes and you can see everything that has been synced for a better idea on what should be showing on your phone.

# 4
julian.gibson
julian.gibson
10/15/2021 12:33 pm

The link GT Admin have posted about the removal of songs has been removed! I saw no advance warning that these songs were to be removed and I get lots of emails from GT. I for one will be revoking my membership.

# 5
john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
10/15/2021 4:37 pm
Originally Posted by: julian.gibson

The link GT Admin have posted about the removal of songs has been removed! I saw no advance warning that these songs were to be removed and I get lots of emails from GT. I for one will be revoking my membership.

The referenced post is nearly seven months old. In it, Admin commented that a selection of songs mentioned would be discontinued ('unpublished') in eight days. As I remember, this wasn't the first round of lost song lessons, the loss of the previous one(s) were also attibuted to the loss of the right to publish the lessons. In all previous discussions/threads about losing song rights GT made it a point that such loss was infrequent and apologized. The key point being that GT had no control over the license expiration.

Good luck, have fun.

john

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.