Song Lesson Requests?

jfluegel
jfluegel
06/10/2018 11:22 pm

This is directed at the insturctors on GT, how do decide what songs to create lessons for? Do you take requests?

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
06/11/2018 7:31 pm

Hi there,

We create lessons based on a number of factors like popularity, demand and relationships with our publishers. For song requests, please go here: https://guitartricks.typeform.com/to/rmHzhK

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
coyotekid9
Full Access
coyotekid9
Full Access
01/21/2021 6:43 pm

I would like to request songs by foreigner journey and steve miller band thankyou!

# 3
Tinpan
Full Access
Tinpan
Full Access
01/21/2021 8:30 pm

Is there a way to see what others have requested so we can add to the requests?

# 4
john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
01/22/2021 3:50 am
Originally Posted by: Tinpan

Not that I know of under the current set up.

There use to be a Song Request sub-forum with hundreds if not thousands of posts. That was removed a year or two ago and, as far as I can tell, those posts by the many GT members are no longer accessible, even to the members who wrote them.

Other than the odious wholescale removal of members' posts it makes little difference... of the hundreds of requests by members, none were honored. At least, none that I tracked which covered about the last three years before the removal of the request sub-forum.

While one can do a search, e.g., "song requests", and the posts will be listed under "Song Lesson Requests" forum the posts themselves cannot be reviewed. Click on the search results and it takes one to the song request form. Posts using that form are also blocked from GT members.

Nice, huh?

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 5
Tinpan
Full Access
Tinpan
Full Access
01/22/2021 9:45 am

Hmmmmmm. I have been wondering why the requests seem to keep coming for bands with non guitar legends. Thanks for the info. I'm learning a lot anyway so will hang in there. I reckon the song requests must be rigged though. Guitar players wouldn't keep requesting piano songs would they?

# 6
toffyrein
toffyrein
01/20/2022 12:42 pm
Originally Posted by: john of MT
Originally Posted by: Tinpan

Not that I know of under the current set up.

There use to be a Song Request sub-forum with hundreds if not thousands of posts. That was removed a year or two ago and, as far as I can tell, those posts by the many GT members are no longer accessible, even to the members who wrote them.

Other than the odious wholescale removal of members' posts it makes little difference... of the hundreds of requests by members, none were honored. At least, none that I tracked which covered about the last three years before the removal of the request sub-forum.

While one can do a search, e.g., "song requests", and the posts will be listed under "Song Lesson Requests" forum the posts themselves cannot be reviewed. Click on the search results and it takes one to the song request form. Posts using that form are also blocked from GT members.

Nice, huh?

I want to know what songs to create lessons and I am glad I have found your post in which I have found my question answer. After reading your post, now I know you create lessons based on a number of factors like popularity, demand and relationships with your publishers. While searching for it online, I have found the https://studyclerk.com/pay-for-research-paper link. I am so happy after finding that link because I was searching for a genuine site online in which I can pay for my research paper.

# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.