Saddam Hussein officially captured!

finger_cruncher
finger_cruncher
12/14/2003 7:42 pm
WHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :)
# 1
metal_carnage
metal_carnage
12/14/2003 7:47 pm
If you told me this 1 week ago I would have laughed @ you...
# 2
finger_cruncher
finger_cruncher
12/14/2003 7:49 pm
If I told you it one week ago, it wouldn't have been true. Go turn on the TV my friend.
# 3
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
12/14/2003 9:21 pm
Id much rather see bin laden strung up.
WWSD? What would stevie do?
# 4
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
12/14/2003 11:25 pm
Its a big deal, but it really isn't. Its not like it really solved anything. Like us being in Iraq really hasn't solved anything, but since we are there, there is no real turning back.

# 5
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
12/15/2003 12:25 am
We're assuming it's him and not one of those fakes, right? Or am I thinking of Osama again..?
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 6
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
12/15/2003 3:06 am
Let's hope this brings back the soldiers faster. Although I'm pessimistic of that happening. I guess puppet governments don't go up as quickly as they used to.

While we're on the subject... Does anyone else find it a peculiar coincidence that Halliburton, an oil company formerly headed by vice president Dick Cheney, got all the exclusive oil drilling contracts in Iraq? Too bad republican scandals are so boring when compared to bj's in the oval office.
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 7
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
12/15/2003 3:53 am
Too bad the republican scandals are so much worse.

# 8
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
12/15/2003 6:50 am
saddam captured - well - but bush is still free...

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 9
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
12/15/2003 1:00 pm
Your right, it doesnt solve anything, just gives more justification for blood shed over oil for which there is no justification

my 2 cents
WWSD? What would stevie do?
# 10
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/15/2003 1:49 pm
Azrael....

LMDAO !!!
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 11
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
12/15/2003 3:40 pm
Originally posted by Azrael
saddam captured - well - but bush is still free...

Lol

# 12
u10ajf
u10ajf
12/15/2003 3:47 pm
I heard that Tony Blair was "Ecstatic", an indication of how much power people as symbols can accrue despite their becoming entirely irrelevant to the situation. Saddam's capture is almost entirely pointless.
Horrifyingly enough it's just an opportunity for Mr. Bush to make an emotive speech about accomplishing justice and putting a criminal into the hands of his people to be judged.
The sight of the man (Bush) makes me feel like vomitting at the best of times, there's something about his facial expressions (his corrugated brow) which suggests to me that he's thinking "Do they really believe what I'm telling them? Are people really that stupid?".
So, whilst Saddam awaits a death penalty at the hands of his people the emthasis is shifted away from all the casualties Bush has created with his "humanitarian" war mongering. So what will become of the illegally detained and, dare I say it, possibly innocent people kept at Guatanamo bay, which isn't even American territory by the American Military? THen of course he has barred Russia, Germany and France from having dealings with the "restored" Iraq. It's like war casualties have become shares options.
If life really is so cheap then why do so many people have to pay so much for Bush's..?
If I couldn't laugh at myself how could I laugh at someone less ridiculous?
# 13
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
12/15/2003 7:35 pm
Because people who are afraid are very motivated.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 14
DreamRyche2112
DreamRyche2112
12/15/2003 8:56 pm
I think Bush has done pretty well.... everyone bashes him.... and he got us through alot. I dont think anyone should bash Presidents about there decisions (this doesnt include clinton) ... because they know alot of stuff we do not know.

So until you guys are sittin in the white house.... do not make fun of any presidents ( except the ones that entertain interns).
Member of band: Amphiptere (am-fi-teer)
Genre: Speed Metal, Thrash Metal
I am: Lead guitar
# 15
ketsueki15
ketsueki15
12/15/2003 9:03 pm
exactly..until you can do a better job and are sitting in the white house office chair, dont say anything
i bet alot that most of you people would be just as big of failures as some of are past presidents judging on your post opinions
In memory of Randy Rhoads
# 16
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
12/15/2003 9:04 pm
Look, whether you like George Bush or not, you have to admit that Saddam Hussein has done some very evil things to the Iraqi people. Was this justification enough to go to war? THAT is a question we can argue on. Saddam Hussein does deserve death for the atrocities he has commited, but is it the job of the United States to punish him? I believe it is, others do not. THAT is the real issue here. We should all be ecstatic that such a man as Hussein (a mass murderer and torturer of hundreds of thousands) is no longer causing pain to others, but we do not all have to agree that the war was justified (and I can see very well that we do NOT all agree on this!). So bash our president all you want, but don't give Hussein any kind words, he deserves none of them.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 17
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
12/15/2003 10:30 pm
Originally posted by ketsueki15
exactly..until you can do a better job and are sitting in the white house office chair, dont say anything
i bet alot that most of you people would be just as big of failures as some of are past presidents judging on your post opinions

It is our job as American citizens to question authority. That why we live in a representative democracy. Our leaders are supposed to be held responsible for their actions. Ick... that post angers me so, I could rant on and on. I have to study for exams though.

# 18
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
12/15/2003 10:36 pm
Originally posted by Jolly McJollyson
Look, whether you like George Bush or not, you have to admit that Saddam Hussein has done some very evil things to the Iraqi people. Was this justification enough to go to war? THAT is a question we can argue on. Saddam Hussein does deserve death for the atrocities he has commited, but is it the job of the United States to punish him? I believe it is, others do not. THAT is the real issue here. We should all be ecstatic that such a man as Hussein (a mass murderer and torturer of hundreds of thousands) is no longer causing pain to others, but we do not all have to agree that the war was justified (and I can see very well that we do NOT all agree on this!). So bash our president all you want, but don't give Hussein any kind words, he deserves none of them.

Iraq wasn't the biggest threat to America though. North Korea was, and is to this day. The only reason we didn't go to North Korea is because we knew we would lose, judging from history. I don't see how we think as Americans that it is our job to fix everything. We could of atleast waited, and been more diplomatic. But no, we had to go marching into Iraq like the patriotic nuts we were at the time. Thats the thing about things like 9-11 and Pearl Harbor, it stabilizes public opinion. Whether the public opinion was right or not... is apparent to me. No it wasn't. Americans are dying, and no terrorist is worth their lives.
All this heightened security is a bunch of bs too. Arming pilots is just asking for another terrorist attack if you ask me. Plus, people aren't stupid. If someone tries to high-jack a plane again, the passengers will do something about it. The problem with 911 was that no one knew what was going to happen. The heightened security is just to make white yuppies to feel safe I suppose.
The Patriotic Act as far as allowing any airport security people check out someone who looks suspicious. That was a product of 911. It violates our Bill of Rights. Grr... makes me so angry.
Once again I have digressed from studying for my exams... so adios!

# 19
ketsueki15
ketsueki15
12/15/2003 10:52 pm
I agree with Jolly McJollyson
iiholly: go ahead question his authority but are you going to do anytihng about it?? probably not, you will be like the most of us and sit around complaining about it
"The only reason we didn't go to North Korea is because we knew we would lose, judging from history"
how exactly do you know??? (IN MY OPINION)we didnt go to war because we know we would lose., we didnt go to war with them because engaging in such acts would allow Korea to start a nuclear war or use their nukes. A couple of nukes could easily take out north korea but thats not we do to this day and americas army easily outnumbers north koreas
"Plus, people aren't stupid. If someone tries to high-jack a plane again, the passengers will do something about it."
so your telling me if a couple of people on a plane have
Ak 47 that your going to stand up and do somthing..i seriously doubt that..you will just be one less person for them to kill
In memory of Randy Rhoads
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.