G'day All

knackers1269
Full Access
knackers1269
Full Access
05/05/2024 10:45 am

Hi Im Knackers.

Possibly one of the older students on the forum (Mid 50's), im pretty chuffed to find somewhere to learn one of my long time passions, the guitar. Iv had a busy professional life and over the last 3 or 4 months got a bit of burnout on the job. After speaking with friends and others how to manage this - a few have suggested learning  an instrument. So about 3 months ago I started the journey, got a guitar and started to learn. Spent countless hours on youtube and ended up being recommended here.

AC\DC, Van Halen, Floyd, Credence, Lynard Skynard and many more are all bands I grew up listening to and often wondered what it would be like to belt our a riff or two of my favourite bands. But my main aim is to learn and enjoy an instrument I have always loved listening to. Looking forward to the journey.

# 1
michael@rockon
Full Access
michael@rockon
Full Access
05/05/2024 10:51 am

You have come to the right place. If you follow the course plan and practice consistently you will be able to belt out more than a few riffs. The teachers on the site are excellent. I am older than you and I guarantee you it works. It just takes time and dedication. Enjoy the journey!

Long Live Rock!

# 2
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
05/05/2024 1:04 pm

Welcome, I'm 61 and started at 56. As Mike said, it's practice practice practice.

Best of luck 

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 3
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/08/2024 2:40 pm

Hi Knackers, and welcome!

I think you'll find you are in very good company here, age-wise. Many many people decide to take up (or re-visit) the guitar as an adult. 

My Dad started as a beginner at the age of 78! He's got you beat by miles, lol.

Welcome, and have lots of fun. 

Lisa McCormick, GT Instructor
Acoustic, Folk, Pop, Blues

Full Catalog of Lisa's Guitar Tricks Tutorials
Find Lisa on Facebook!
# 4
GiovaniDunlap
GiovaniDunlap
05/14/2024 11:56 am

Hello, welcome here. I am a student and as a student I know you because I also hate it when the teacher gives us many tasks in a very short time. But don't worry, I found a solution to the problem. This https://domypaper.com/ is the site I use when I feel stuck. They are so good and affordable. If you also need help, you can visit their website..

edited
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.