Starting at 77

ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
11/05/2023 8:44 pm
#20 Originally Posted by: mark1

Thank you. You've answered a bunch of my beginner, getting_my_bearings questions.

BTW, is there a particular reason the forum sends a notification when 'I' have posted? FWIW, it's sort of annoying. When do I need notifying to what I just posted?

Mark

You're welcome.

I assume that's just the way the forum software is currently setup.  I will forward your message of annoyance to the tech admins.  :)  

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 21
aliasmaximus
aliasmaximus
11/06/2023 12:40 am

Hey again Mark,

I've never heard of that practice (receiving emails from GT notifying you of your own forum posts). That's crazy! I understand how that could quickly get annoying.

I searched the entire site and couldn't find anything about this practice or a place to change preferences for this "feature". I suggest you contact GT support staff and ask them to turn this feature off for your account. To contact Support, go to the GT homepage and do one of the following:

1.) Click on the green oval "Help" button in the lower left corner of the screen and fill out the form

2.) Click on "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page and fill out the form.

Sascha

Addendum: Looks like Chris beat me to the punch and will contact Support on your behalf, so you can disregard my advise about contacting them.

edited
# 22
mark1
Full Access
mark1
Full Access
11/12/2023 9:24 pm
#3 Originally Posted by: aliasmaximus

Hello Mark,

A fellow Baby Boomer here. Welcome. For now, forget about reading the seemingly inexplicable notes on the site's standard notation. What you want to do right away is complete a relatively quick guitar tabs tutorial. "Tabs" refers to the diagram of six guitar strings with numbers and squiggles that's positioned immediately below the standard notation anywhere on the site. This will fast become your best friend in here and will put you on the road to playing those Pink Floyd tunes, including the faster ones.

And watch out for Bill. As you can tell from his avatar, he's capable of swallowing a man whole without dropping either his guitar or his cigar 😂

Sascha

Hey Miss Sascha, I wanted to get back with you and thank you for suggesting other instructors- specifically Miss Lisa. Not to  say anything negative regarding Anders because there is no negative. As  discussed, it's simply a matter of different instructors at different times  for different reasons. I've been studiously working Lisa's sub-elemental lessons. And sure, some are truly elemental. However, I like it. It's like wiping the slate clean, saying you're a total know nothing student and going from there. Most importantly, she resolved a big chunk of my left hand problem. So, bottom line- again- thank you.

Mark

# 23

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.