View post (VOX VT20X. What means what?)

View thread

fuzzb0x
fuzzb0x
06/05/2023 8:46 pm
#1 Originally Posted by: Andrei_Sheremet

Good day,

I am pretty new to the world of music, so could you please explain to me what button means what on my amplifier? It is not like I am lazy and can not google it myself, I just don't understand the explanation on the Internet. For example, ''middle'' : it changes the tune of middle frequencies; wow, thanks, it explains a lot. I mean I do recall a few physics lessons from school, so I understand that sounds depends on frequency of the waves, but how exactly ''in words'' it changes the tune of the guitar?  Or why do I have 3 buttons for volume: volume, power level and gain? 

In advance, thanks for help.

to put it in very simple terms bass controls the low frequencies, treble controls the high end frequencies and middle does the frequencies in between them both, gain controls how loud the input signal is (do not confuse this with volume) turn it up it gets more distorted, turn it down it cleans up. The power level control i would imagine does some tone shaping on the pre amp section and volume controls the signal coming out of the amplifier after all the tone shaping has taken place but really i wouldn't get too bogged down in what does what you need to learn how to dial in a decent tone and that will mainly come from experimenting.