Standing desk for music production?

QuestionAsker
QuestionAsker
03/27/2023 12:13 am

Anyone use a standing desk for music production?

If so, what's your setup? (ie. sitting / standing, manual adjustable desk or with a motor, which brand you might recommend, etc.)

My current setup is very ghetto (and clunky / uncomfortable) so thinking about how to design something that's most optimized for a smooth workflow, yet comfortable for many hours of production).

Been thinking about a standing desk setup to save my back, in my old office job I used to have one and would sometimes adjust it for standing. I wouldn't always work in the standing position, but on days my back would hurt a lot it would help to do so. Not sure if it's worth the hassle though, in upgrading my current home studio setup.

edited
# 1
simspaula253
simspaula253
03/28/2023 8:26 pm

Yes, some music producers use standing desks to save their back and increase energy levels. For a comfortable and smooth workflow, it's recommended to invest in a motorized adjustable desk with a sturdy build and a keyboard tray at elbow height. Some popular brands include Vari, Uplift, and Jarvis. It's worth the hassle if you value your health and productivity.

# 2
QuestionAsker
QuestionAsker
04/03/2023 8:36 pm
#2 Originally Posted by: simspaula253

Yes, some music producers use standing desks to save their back and increase energy levels. For a comfortable and smooth workflow, it's recommended to invest in a motorized adjustable desk with a sturdy build and a keyboard tray at elbow height. Some popular brands include Vari, Uplift, and Jarvis. It's worth the hassle if you value your health and productivity.

Thanks Paula, I'll look into those. 

I agree, it's a good investment in health.

# 3
a.romeroa1980
a.romeroa1980
10/30/2023 1:46 pm

I went the DIY route due to budget constraints because I wanted to invest more in tech. Even if I used simple products like some pieces of wool, paint and nails, my standing desk for music production ended up excellent.

Regarding tech, I chose the Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol M32 Keyboard and a good computer and mic to have a good product. The keyboard is under 200, and for what it's offering, it's more than perfect. You can see more details about it or other products in this article.

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.