Mark Complete/Incomplete

ScubaCPA
Full Access
ScubaCPA
Full Access
03/21/2023 7:26 pm

Several of us have been complaining for the last couple of years that the Complete/Incomplete button function was not working.  I just recently noticed that those buttons are now gone.  That indicates that the site managers acknowledged that they didn't work.  But I hope that doesn't mean they have given up on making them work.  It would be a great function to have working properly.  Seems kinda strange that in this digital world I have to keep a piece of paper in my lesson space to keep track of where I am in a lesson.

GT admin: Are you working on bringing it back working properly?

Thank you

Gary

Gary

[Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Pro (2), Fender Player Stratocaster (2), Fender Player Telecaster (2), Squire CV 60's Stratocaster, Hamer Ecotone, Yamaha APX600 (2), Epiphone ES-339, GTX-100 (2), Spark 40 (2), Spark Mini.]

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
03/21/2023 11:20 pm
#1 Originally Posted by: ScubaCPA

Several of us have been complaining for the last couple of years that the Complete/Incomplete button function was not working.  I just recently noticed that those buttons are now gone.  That indicates that the site managers acknowledged that they didn't work.  But I hope that doesn't mean they have given up on making them work.  It would be a great function to have working properly.  Seems kinda strange that in this digital world I have to keep a piece of paper in my lesson space to keep track of where I am in a lesson.

GT admin: Are you working on bringing it back working properly?

Thank you

Gary

Hi Gary, the mark complete/incomplete button is still available. It can be located in the progress section. The button does work properly, I think where the confusion lies is that there is no way to mark incomplete once the lesson is 100% complete. You can find full details about this here: https://www.guitartricks.com/blog/how-to-track-your-progress-on-guitar-tricks

Let us know if you have any further questions. 

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
ScubaCPA
Full Access
ScubaCPA
Full Access
03/22/2023 12:54 am

I'm sorry to disagree.  It might "work" by your definition, but it is useless for student purposes.  Also there had been a Mark to Complete or Mark to Incomplete button at each lesson which is now gone.  Doesn't matter because they did no good.

Why can't we click on a red pick and remove the red?  Simple, easy, useful.  I often jump ahead just to take a peak at what's coming up or to print the notations of the next few lessons so I can have them in front of me when I get there.  But as a result of doing that the lesson shows as being done (red pick).  Why can't we just make that red pick go away?

Thank you

Gary

Gary

[Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Pro (2), Fender Player Stratocaster (2), Fender Player Telecaster (2), Squire CV 60's Stratocaster, Hamer Ecotone, Yamaha APX600 (2), Epiphone ES-339, GTX-100 (2), Spark 40 (2), Spark Mini.]

# 3
ScubaCPA
Full Access
ScubaCPA
Full Access
03/22/2023 12:58 am

This is a perfect example of another clunky thing on the site.  When I hit reply for my response above I apparently hit it twice.  But there is no way to delete the double posting.  

Your lesson content is great.  I love the instructors.  But your interface is decades behind.

Gary

# 4
ScubaCPA
Full Access
ScubaCPA
Full Access
04/11/2023 3:09 pm
#2 Originally Posted by: Guitar Tricks Admin

Hi Gary, the mark complete/incomplete button is still available. It can be located in the progress section. The button does work properly, I think where the confusion lies is that there is no way to mark incomplete once the lesson is 100% complete. You can find full details about this here: https://www.guitartricks.com/blog/how-to-track-your-progress-on-guitar-tricks

Let us know if you have any further questions. 

I have to respectfully disagree.  It is not working.  If a lesson is showing 3 out of 6 complete in the progress section, there is no incomplete button.  Only a Mark Complete button.  If you hit the Mark Complete button it changes to 6 out of 6 complete and the button changes to say "Mark Incomplete".  If you then hit the Mark Incomplete button it goes back to 3 out of 6 complete.  Right back to where you started.  

edited

Gary

# 5
jesse199x
jesse199x
11/28/2023 8:39 am

I recommend keeping track of your progress in each lesson by using the Bookmark feature. To easily go back to where you left off later, just bookmark the page where you left off.

wordle unlimited

# 6
saramadamusa
saramadamusa
12/11/2023 2:27 am

I'm still trying very hard to maintain normal functioning. Suika game

# 7
KylaKoppy
KylaKoppy
01/30/2024 9:52 am

I'm used to it now.

# 8
Diamond_Dave
Full Access
Diamond_Dave
Full Access
01/30/2024 5:06 pm

This was bugging me, too. I'd finish a unit, mark everything complete, and it would only show a portion of the lessons complete. I just gave up on it.

# 9
ScubaCPA
Full Access
ScubaCPA
Full Access
01/30/2024 5:48 pm
#9 Originally Posted by: Diamond_Dave

This was bugging me, too. I'd finish a unit, mark everything complete, and it would only show a portion of the lessons complete. I just gave up on it.

The bigger issue for me for is that I often jump ahead to just peak at, or print notation, for future lessons.  As a result, it says I completed it.  There is no way to unmark it.  The admin will say there is a way, but it does not work.  I've documented that it does not work and sent that to them.  Then silence.  

Lately I've been looking at other learning sites (guitar, piano and other learning sites in general) and some of them are so far ahead of GT.  The interfaces on this GT site are embarrassingly antiquated.   That and the loss of songs is making me reflect on my future here.  Right now, the only thing keeping me here is my loyalty to Anders, Chris and Mike.  They are fabulous teachers and have taught me so much.

Gary

# 10
Diamond_Dave
Full Access
Diamond_Dave
Full Access
01/30/2024 6:17 pm

I've only scratched the surface here, so I'm not ready to leave yet. But I have a year, inshallah, to get all I can out of the site. I'm at the same point with Fender Play right now. 

True Fire is next after these two.

# 11
ScubaCPA
Full Access
ScubaCPA
Full Access
01/30/2024 6:24 pm
#11 Originally Posted by: Diamond_Dave

I've only scratched the surface here, so I'm not ready to leave yet. But I have a year, inshallah, to get all I can out of the site. I'm at the same point with Fender Play right now. 

True Fire is next after these two.

I did Fender Play first and was very happy with it for learning the basics.  After I "graduated" from Fender Play (one year) I came to Guitar Tricks for more advanced lessons and real songs and have been here for about 3+ years.  

Gary

# 12
allenbary
Full Access
allenbary
Full Access
02/01/2024 12:59 am
#10 Originally Posted by: ScubaCPA

The bigger issue for me for is that I often jump ahead to just peak at, or print notation, for future lessons.  As a result, it says I completed it.  There is no way to unmark it.  The admin will say there is a way, but it does not work.  I've documented that it does not work and sent that to them.  Then silence.  

Lately I've been looking at other learning sites (guitar, piano and other learning sites in general) and some of them are so far ahead of GT.  The interfaces on this GT site are embarrassingly antiquated.   That and the loss of songs is making me reflect on my future here.  Right now, the only thing keeping me here is my loyalty to Anders, Chris and Mike.  They are fabulous teachers and have taught me so much.

I agree GT needs an update, Like you I am loyal to Anders, He is my favorite instructor and why I keep GT. I am not done with his course yet but I spend time at truefire. I'd like to just clear old progress sometime for a fresh restart just to keep things clear. 

I am learning both guitar and bass 

# 13

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.