Tabs I can use to practice my Rhythm.

Gray Dude
Full Access
Gray Dude
Full Access
03/21/2023 1:44 pm

Hi,

I looks for more guitar tabs to help me practive my rhythm technique.  I have been using somethng that looks like this:

I'm actually further along than what the image shows.  I'm doing combination of ties as well.  I'm looking for a better source of tab's that I can use to practice with.  It also seems hard to find tabs for songs that have the rhythm laid out for you and have to try and do it by ear.   I guess I could write my own, so I guess thats being lazy on my part.  But any suggestion are welcome.  Thanks!

# 1
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/22/2023 2:44 pm

Any song you want to learn has a variety of rhythms.  And doing it that way has the benefit of learning rhythms in the context of music.  You'll know if you are getting it right if it sounds right!  All the GT songs have tab plus notation so you can see the fretboard location, notes & the rhythms.

But if you are referring to having the '1-e-&-a . . ." written out, then yes you'll likely have to do that yourself.  The vast majority of rhythm studies I've seen typically indicate the first measure to get you started (sort of a legend, or key), then you're supposed to just read the rhythms from the dots & beams thereafter.

Hope that helps!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 2
Gray Dude
Full Access
Gray Dude
Full Access
03/24/2023 1:12 pm
#2 Originally Posted by: ChristopherSchlegel

Any song you want to learn has a variety of rhythms.  And doing it that way has the benefit of learning rhythms in the context of music.  You'll know if you are getting it right if it sounds right!  All the GT songs have tab plus notation so you can see the fretboard location, notes & the rhythms.

But if you are referring to having the '1-e-&-a . . ." written out, then yes you'll likely have to do that yourself.  The vast majority of rhythm studies I've seen typically indicate the first measure to get you started (sort of a legend, or key), then you're supposed to just read the rhythms from the dots & beams thereafter.

Hope that helps!

Thanks! That makes sense I'll look at the tabs for a variety of songs that GT has and use that as a way to vary my learning.   

# 3
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/24/2023 5:53 pm
#3 Originally Posted by: Gray Dude

Thanks! That makes sense I'll look at the tabs for a variety of songs that GT has and use that as a way to vary my learning.   

Glad that helps!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.