Hello from Montreal, Canada

stephane.malo
stephane.malo
02/27/2023 2:21 pm

Hi Everyone,

My son expressed interest in playing guitar. So for his upcoming birthday (16 years) I bought him a YAMAHA APX600.

I've always wanted to learn to play guitar when i was young but stopped at air guitar. So i decided to embark on the journey with my son. I got myself a second hand IBANEZ GIO GRX70QA. Got GUITARTRICKS and ROCKSMITH REMASTERED.

I have no musical experience and my brain struggles with the words octave, chords, etc.

I think that will come with time but what i'm really having issues with is my fingers. I can't get 4 fingers on 4 frets to do the "spider" exercise.

What do you recommend I do?

# 1
mjgodin
mjgodin
02/27/2023 10:40 pm

Hi and welcome to you both.  That's pretty cool that your gonna join the journey with your son.  You can both learn from each other. 

As for the spider exercises you are learning very quickly that this is a mental and physical challenge. Keep doing them.  Doesn't have to be for long. Just five minutes to start your practice. Think of it as going to the gym to stretch the muscles before a workout. Then proceed with fundamentals level 1. All the terminology will be explained as you go along the lessons. Pay special attention to lessons on form and posture. 

good luck to both of you. 

Moe

edited
# 2
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
02/27/2023 11:16 pm

Yes, that is a great story. Good luck to both of you!

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.