Greetings from Cape Town

Oliver_ZA
Oliver_ZA
02/24/2023 11:11 am

Hi everyone,

My name is Oliver, I am a 41 year old father of 2 little girls, from Cape Town, South Africa.

I started learning guitar (although rather aimlessly) for 3-4 years in my early 20s, and got stuck in a rut trying to move from beginner to intermediate level, which eventually led to mostly giving up. I have had a few failed revivals to learning guitar again over the years, but nothing really stuck or I wasn't in the right mindset.

I am about half way through the fundamentals 1 course with Anders and so far its been really great. It's amazing how much muscle memory has been retained, even after so long of not playing consistently.

I have a Cort accoustic guitar, which I bought about 20 years ago, and resisting the urge hard to buy an electric until I have enough knowledge to know what I want to buy.

My guitar heroes have always been Mark Knopfler and John Mayer.

A major guitar-geek highlight for me was seeing Mark Knopfler live at the Royal Albert Hall in London for his Get Lucky tour (many years ago now).

Cheers for now

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
02/24/2023 6:23 pm

Welcome Oliver! You're making some awesome progress! Glad to hear you are enjoying lessons with Anders. Don't forget you can reach out to Anders directly in the forum if you have any questions. Thanks for sharing your exprience with everyone. Rock on!

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
Rumble Walrus
Rumble Walrus
02/24/2023 11:39 pm

Welcome!

Rumble

# 3
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/26/2023 5:33 pm

Welcome, Oliver!

So glad to hear your muscle-memory is waking right back up. Kind of amazing, isn't it? 

And I'm right with you on your guitar heroes! The best!

Have fun - Lisa

Lisa McCormick, GT Instructor
Acoustic, Folk, Pop, Blues

Full Catalog of Lisa's Guitar Tricks Tutorials
Find Lisa on Facebook!
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.