Gimme Shelter

JestMe
Full Access
JestMe
Full Access
01/28/2023 4:40 am

Mike great lesson and well done. It's been challenging for me and I like that. Got the intro down pretty well but not up to speed... starting to think of the rest of the song... may be a few more shallenges ahead.

My request is likely not doable but I thought I woul ask just the same. Any chance to get GP files for this song. It sure would help, not that your lesson is missing anything but with the GP files you can use the speed trainer to build things up to speed.

Keep up the great work!

Regards,

Chris 

# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/28/2023 2:58 pm
#1 Originally Posted by: JestMe

Mike great lesson and well done. It's been challenging for me and I like that. Got the intro down pretty well but not up to speed... starting to think of the rest of the song... may be a few more shallenges ahead.

My request is likely not doable but I thought I woul ask just the same. Any chance to get GP files for this song. It sure would help, not that your lesson is missing anything but with the GP files you can use the speed trainer to build things up to speed.

Keep up the great work!

Regards,

Chris 

Hi Chris - thanks for the kind words, and glad you're digging the lesson!

Guitar Pro files for the songs on the site would be a great addition, but is most likely a non-starter for a number of reasons (restrictive terms of publishing deals, workload to port the notation over to the format, etc).

There are speed buttons on all our videos (top left of the video frame) where you can drop it down to .9, .75, and .5.

Beyond that, maybe practicing along with the orignal recording using an app like Transcribe! could be a good alternative.

Hope this helps - take care and keep rockin'!

Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2
JestMe
Full Access
JestMe
Full Access
01/29/2023 12:17 am
#2 Originally Posted by: Mike Olekshy

Hi Chris - thanks for the kind words, and glad you're digging the lesson!

Guitar Pro files for the songs on the site would be a great addition, but is most likely a non-starter for a number of reasons (restrictive terms of publishing deals, workload to port the notation over to the format, etc).

There are speed buttons on all our videos (top left of the video frame) where you can drop it down to .9, .75, and .5.

Beyond that, maybe practicing along with the orignal recording using an app like Transcribe! could be a good alternative.

Hope this helps - take care and keep rockin'!

Mike

Thanks for the quick reply Mike,

I understand and figured as much re the GP files. I'm just about up to 90% now... I think the last 10% may take some time!

You know now that I think about it I think the latest version of GP allows you to inmport MP3s . Might be worth toying around with.

Chris

# 3
matonanjin
matonanjin
01/29/2023 11:39 pm

OMG, Chris!  You are just such a suck up!  😉   "Mike great lesson and well done" !!!  "Keep up the great work!"    All the sucking up I am just getting nauseous!!!   😉😊

Just kidding, Chris!  Long time and how are you doing?!?!  A different forum!

I have to confess that I have not used Guitar Pro much.  I know!  As long as I have been trying to learn you would think I had.  I just took a face to face lesson (Facebook) with the guy at that other forum.  And then he sent me some GP files to work.   They are newest version of GP and it has actually been two, at least, version upgrades since I used GP!!!!!   The newest version is 8, I believe, and that's what the files were.  I think I had version 6, I'm  embarrassed to say.  

I'm using the looping function with the section slowed down and what a reminder of how helpful a learning tool Guitar Pro is.  And what I have missed out not using it.  

Great seeing your user name!!

edited

Guitars: 2014 PRS Santana, 2013 PRS Paul's, 2009 PRS Hollowbody I, 1972 Gibson ES-325, 2012 Fender American Standard Stratocaster,  2020 Fender Telecaster, 2001 PRS Santana SE,  2021 Martin M-36, 2021 Martin 000-15M, Seagull S6 Classic, 2012 Yamaha Pacifica  Amps: Fender Blues Junior III, Boss Eband JS-10,  Line 6 POD HD500X, Quilter Microblock 45 w/homemade 12" cab.

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.