Help!

Phil_wad
Phil_wad
01/23/2023 4:47 pm

Hi all,

Ive bought myself a Boss GX-100 processor to help me get used to effects and start to establish my tone. I am however having some problems with it.

The first is I have no idea how to use effects and I'm sure this will come with time.

The second and more importantly is that I'm not sure how to set it up for the best results. I've seen I have 3 choices. 

1. Into the front of the amp

2. Into the power amp

3. 4 cable method 

what would you advise and once connected what settings should I apply?

Many thanks 

# 1
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
01/23/2023 5:57 pm

That is a serious board, I looked at one and watched the reviews but couldn't bring myself to spend the $800cad.

There are a ton of YouTube videos on this, have you checked them out?

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 2
manXcat
Full Access
manXcat
Full Access
01/23/2023 9:52 pm
#1 Originally Posted by: Phil_wad

Hi all,

Ive bought myself a Boss GX-100 processor to help me get used to effects and start to establish my tone. I am however having some problems with it.

The first is I have no idea how to use effects and I'm sure this will come with time.

The second and more importantly is that I'm not sure how to set it up for the best results. I've seen I have 3 choices. 

1. Into the front of the amp

2. Into the power amp

3. 4 cable method 

what would you advise and once connected what settings should I apply?

Many thanks 

Depends what you're connecting to. Whether it's USB to Win/MAC as a AI, BT to Android, Midi, house PA, or an amp. 

For an amp which is what I presume your enquiry is, this is the optimum connection, but you'll require an amp which has a send/return loop. 

If you don't have that, single cable in to your amp is it and/or the simplest. (ref pp5 of the .PDF manual). See the link to it in the paragraph immediately below. (pp3 of that manual illustrates the four cable method)

RTFM here. Then, if you haven't already, watch the four GX-100 Quick Start videos referred to on Boss's product page. Boss uses You Tube as their delivery mechanism. Use this link which will take you to a contiguous playlist of those four vids.

There's no shortcut beyond this. The GX-100 is a sophisticated piece of kit which will take time and hands on famil to come to grips with, particuarly if this is all new to you as it would appear.

edited
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.