Upload of images

Jim Stanford
Jim Stanford
11/05/2022 1:50 am

I was going to upload an image of a new guitar I bought using the upload feature in the message (that picture icon in the tool bar above the editing box) and it's not uploading.  Is there a problem or is the just a problem with MacOS and this site?  A bit confused...

# 1
manXcat
Full Access
manXcat
Full Access
11/05/2022 8:36 am

Not iOS. Same issue with Win10 PC & Android desktop regardless the browser. i.e. Chrome/Edge/Brave. Guitar Tricks forum software image uploading function is currently broken. Has been since the forum's 'remodelling'. 

The linking function icon however is working.

Workaround to show your guitar here is to upload your image to an image hosting website and link to it like this.

# 2
Jim Stanford
Jim Stanford
11/05/2022 2:25 pm
#2 Originally Posted by: manXcat

Not iOS. Same issue with Win10 PC & Android desktop regardless the browser. i.e. Chrome/Edge/Brave. Guitar Tricks forum software image uploading function is currently broken. Has been since the forum's 'remodelling'. 

The linking function icon however is working.

Workaround to show your guitar here is to upload your image to an image hosting website and link to it like this.

Thanks.  I thought it must be something like that.  I know I used to be able to upload a photo or two when I was a member previously.

Thanks for the assist.  Much appreciated.

# 3
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
11/08/2022 12:36 am
#1 Originally Posted by: Jim Stanford

I was going to upload an image of a new guitar I bought using the upload feature in the message (that picture icon in the tool bar above the editing box) and it's not uploading.  Is there a problem or is the just a problem with MacOS and this site?  A bit confused...

Hey Jim, thank you for reporting. The developer team is currently working on this issue. It is currently at the top of the list, so we are hoping to get a fix in for it very soon. We apologize that it is not currently working at this time! Thank you for patience while we sort this out. Looking forward to seeing that new guitar! 

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 4
Jim Stanford
Jim Stanford
11/08/2022 1:03 am
#4 Originally Posted by: Guitar Tricks Admin

Hey Jim, thank you for reporting. The developer team is currently working on this issue. It is currently at the top of the list, so we are hoping to get a fix in for it very soon. We apologize that it is not currently working at this time! Thank you for patience while we sort this out. Looking forward to seeing that new guitar! 

No worries... I knew it had to be something and immediately thought it was just me.  :)  Nice to be proven wrong for a change.  Doh!

# 5
mixtli510
mixtli510
01/20/2024 11:15 pm

You got me interested

# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.