Fender Champion 50XL

deepiper9
Full Access
deepiper9
Full Access
10/30/2022 7:04 pm

Greetings from Texas all. I got this amp a few weeks ago from my wife for a birthday gift. I am getting familiar with it but so far I like what I have heard. I have 3 Fender Squire guitars. 1 Affinity Telecaster, 1 Bullet Strat HT,  and 1 Bullet Mustang HH. They all sound great through it. I am working through Anders beginner blues course part 2 with it. Great blues tone. I have not had the volume above oh 3 or 4 on the channel 2 "effects" channel, and about midway on the clean channel. With the 12" Celestion speaker that comes in it there is good power with plenty of volume, even at those levels. The cheap headphones that I bought at wal mart that I use with my 2 Vox Amplugs  and my Mustang 1 V2 dont work with it  very well so I am looking at some higher quality ones on Sweetwater. Anyone else out there have any experience with this amp, or the Champion 40 of 20? Someone on another thread posted how to adjust the mids on the Fender Mustang 1 v2 amp I believe it was using the exit button in conjunction with the treble knob. Anyone know how it works with the Champion 50XL...anyone, anyone?  

# 1
h.a.zelmarissa1
h.a.zelmarissa1
04/27/2023 6:20 am

Regarding headphones, it's always a good idea to invest in a higher quality pair if you're serious about your music. Sweetwater is a reputable dealer and they have a wide selection of headphones to choose from, so you should be able to find something that suits your needs. As for adjusting the mids on your Champion 50XL, I believe the process is similar to the Mustang 1 v2. You should be able to press and hold the "Exit" button and then turn the "Bass" knob to adjust the mids. However, I would recommend checking the user manual or contacting Fender customer support to confirm this. Overall, it sounds like you're off to a great start with your new amp and I wish you all the best with your musical journey! . 

edited
# 2
deepiper9
Full Access
deepiper9
Full Access
05/03/2023 3:14 am
#2 Originally Posted by: h.a.zelmarissa1

Regarding headphones, it's always a good idea to invest in a higher quality pair if you're serious about your music. Sweetwater is a reputable dealer and they have a wide selection of headphones to choose from, so you should be able to find something that suits your needs. As for adjusting the mids on your Champion 50XL, I believe the process is similar to the Mustang 1 v2. You should be able to press and hold the "Exit" button and then turn the "Bass" knob to adjust the mids. However, I would recommend checking the user manual or contacting Fender customer support to confirm this. Overall, it sounds like you're off to a great start with your new amp and I wish you all the best with your musical journey! . 

Hi thank you for your reply to my post! I ended up not keeping the Champion 50XL for very long. I had some technical issues with it so i sent it back and sweetwater sent me another one. Same story. Returned it and requested a Champion 40 which has turned out to be a pretty solid amp. Still messing aroung with the Champion 40, getting to know more about the different amp voicings and whatnot. The effects are fun to play around with too. Plus I really like the retro Fender look of it. The Champion 50XL came with a better speaker and more voicings, but this Champion 40 meets and exceeds my needs. Controls on it are similar to what came on the 50XL. Turned out the main problem I was having might be due to my phone and how old it is and whatnot. I does work with 2 of my other amps, the Mustang 1 v2 and a Blackstar Fly 3. Who knows in the future I might even own a 50XL again. 

edited
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.