Hard to Handle Outro

gandee79
Full Access
gandee79
Full Access
08/18/2022 3:20 am

Hi Mike,

In the outro solo to Hard to Handle you use your ring finger to bend a double stop. I am struggling to do that consistently, my finger slides across the strings half the time. Is your single finger technique common and something that I should just keep working?

I can make it work using two fingers (pinky and ring finger) but I pretty much work with the assumption that your techniques are there for a reason and I should find a way to make it work.

Thanks,

Gary

# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/18/2022 2:56 pm

Hey Gary - thanks for the great question.

Yes the barring down of two strings to do double stops as well as adding bending is a common and desired technique to master!

I recommend you check out this tutorial from the Blues Level 1 Course that gets into detail on how to start working on it. There are examples there for you to work through and begin to get that technique down:

https://www.guitartricks.com/lesson.php?input=14085&s_id=891

Hope this helps - let me know how it goes!!

Mike

Originally Posted by: gandee79

Hi Mike,

In the outro solo to Hard to Handle you use your ring finger to bend a double stop. I am struggling to do that consistently, my finger slides across the strings half the time. Is your single finger technique common and something that I should just keep working?

I can make it work using two fingers (pinky and ring finger) but I pretty much work with the assumption that your techniques are there for a reason and I should find a way to make it work.

Thanks,

Gary

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2
gandee79
Full Access
gandee79
Full Access
08/18/2022 11:55 pm

Will do. Thank you

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.