Money for nothing

Tinpan
Full Access
Tinpan
Full Access
08/04/2022 11:03 am

What happened today that resulted in 'new posts' and 'search forum's both ending up in search forum. Frustrating as f!!! There's a heap of technical , transcription errors, tab errors and update issues plaguing gt this year. The instructors have mostly bailed to give free lessons elsewhere too. Now left with Chris and Mike only holding the fort and doing a pretty good job but even Mike is slipping away in favour of free Facebook stuff so what we get and the quality of the tech on site now is a real decline from when I signed up. Think this will be My last year as gt on a downward support and improvement spiral. Sad as best at the time but too many errors and tech issues.

# 1
Ben Martin
Administrator
Ben Martin
Administrator
08/04/2022 6:54 pm

Hi Tinpan, thanks for the post and I'm sorry about the bugs and maintenance downtime we have had lately.

The new post button is now fixed.

We had to migrate servers and update some things and it caused a bunch of problems that we didn't anticipate. The good news is that the migration and maintenance stuff is complete.

Now that the server upgrade is complete, we are back to putting the finishing touches on a website refresh that I think you will really like.

I understand that you are frustrated by the recent issues but I encourage you to stick around to see what we have planned.

# 2
tgchan
Full Access
tgchan
Full Access
08/10/2022 3:14 am

I've been years here as well and I am still having blast and still learning so much but I am also debating should I test other servives. Little things that add up to sometimes already difficult/frustrating lessons are really annoying.[br][br][br]+ I hate old, like years old stuff that is not fixed nor improved.[br][br][br]I am in a "if it works well, don't change it" camp but there's a lot of stuff to improve + fix as well./[br][br][br]I was glad that before the maintance I was able to finally read about it... BASICS... really...[br][br]It's kind of lame that it had to be pointed out... Like leaving your customers in the dark and not telling them what's going to happen/what's going on/why the site is not/or may not work properly, when. etc/ is just a d1ck move... no other way of saying it.[br][br]I wish the best of luck and a nice growth in community to guitartricks, which has been my "guitar learning home" for more than 5 years now, but come one guys~!! Get your sh1te together/

# 3
Tinpan
Full Access
Tinpan
Full Access
08/10/2022 12:16 pm

Yeah at the end of the day this is a site that is funded by subscribers and there is so much free stuff out there that we should be expecting a point of difference for our subs. My personal motivation to join was the really well constructed song lessons and apparent number of diverse teachers that appeared to be working for gt. The song lessons are excellent but the number of active teachers is a bit misleading. Pretty much Mike holding it together with couple more popping in for cameos occassionally if available from giving free lessons elsewhere. Chris is great on forums and has some good back catalogues that are helpful, but it's starting to feel a bit like we are paying for a library card rather than buying into something unique. Please don't take any disrespect Mike and Chris....love your work immensely. This is a plea for more dedication for t

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.