Any chance of getting emojis?

Rumble Walrus
Rumble Walrus
05/27/2022 2:37 pm

Hi GT Forum developers -

This may have been brought up before, but might there be plans to add emojis to the forum? There's a lot of times I feel strongly about giving a "thumbs up" to comments and responses.

# 1
john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
05/27/2022 4:05 pm

Like these..?

[br] ... etc. Found in the 'bar' immediately above the pane used to compose thread posts. Specifically, they are "emoticons" not "emojis" and therefore, while there are more than a dozen there are no 'thumbs up.'

[br]As I have "brought up before", they aren't nearly as colorful or as expressive as the emoticon set previously used by GT. I saved them but pasting them to GT doesn't work easily/fluidly. I do; however, use the old GT emoticons in my other correspondence.

Bringing the old ones back is one of my long standing requests. But it doesn't address the request for emojis.

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 2
Rumble Walrus
Rumble Walrus
06/02/2022 11:47 pm

Thanks for the response John.

I find often find myself craving a "thumbs up". I see so much good advice and observations that I'd like to directly recognize.

Perhaps we'll see it someday.

All the best!

# 3
ScubaCPA
Full Access
ScubaCPA
Full Access
06/06/2022 2:09 pm

I had suggested last year that this Forum be moved to, or supplemented by, a Facebook Group. If you visit the Fender Play Facebook Group you can see the kind of activity that goes on there. More active and easier to use interface. Very easy to upload videos to show your playing or ask advice. That would get you your emojis and "likes". [br][br]

Guitar Tricks does have a Facebook page but we can't post to it. I think it would be great to turn it into a group. It could even be a closed group.

Gary

[Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Pro (2), Fender Player Stratocaster (2), Fender Player Telecaster (2), Squire CV 60's Stratocaster, Hamer Ecotone, Yamaha APX600 (2), Epiphone ES-339, GTX-100 (2), Spark 40 (2), Spark Mini.]

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.