View post (It's Up to You)

View thread

manXcat
manXcat
05/13/2022 3:47 am

Thanks john.[br][br]Ricky's performance of his songs pleasing to my ear too. Until late 1962 and the impact of The Beatles -at least outside the US who were late to that party, challenged only by Elvis most teen girls wanted him, and most boys wanted to look like him, and I can't say I blame either. [br][br] I loved "The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet" in all its glorious B&W on a 21" CRT in its day, although the capital city in Australia I grew up in didn't even have a single TV channel until September 1959! In hindsight, that wasn't actually a life negative. [br][br]We didn't have a household TV until October '64, so I used to lie on neighbours' floor to watch it on their TVs with their kids and teen daughters as it was one of the first programs typical of sitcoms of the day broadcast on TV here. As that was around the time Ricky was a teen idol and his songs were playing on the radio ....

Wth three much older brothers, the closest to me then still in his teen years I was very aware of Ricky Nelson.[br][br] Hearin' ya re the titles, lyrics and their intended target audience vs a fit for this singer 60 years later. = ] The mirror's reflection doesn't match this souls ínner projection of the song any more either.