Captcha audio challenge

aliasmaximus
aliasmaximus
04/02/2022 9:22 pm

Hey again Admin,

I fully understand the need for Captcha to keep out those infernal unrelenting spammers. Unfortunately, I'm visually impaired for at least the next year and even when using a magnifying glass on an already magnified computer screen, I still can't make out the grainy photos and therefore end up having to do challenge after challenge after challenge after challenge.... up to 14 of them in one sitting.

I keep clicking on the headphones icon at the bottom of the Captcha window, which I assume is some sort of sound based challenge. Unfortunately, I always (and I mean every single time) get a Captcha error message telling me something went wrong and "Please try again later". I'm using Chrome browser if that's relevant to you. I've also used Firefox, Opera and Microsoft Edge with similar results.

14 different challenge windows to post one message. I'm seriously ready to give up posting altogether, at least until I get my vision back. But I'd really rather not do that.

Any suggestions?

Nicolai

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
04/08/2022 5:11 pm

Hey Aliasmaximus,

We apologize that someone wasn't available to answer your question. One of our admis has been out sick all week, and the other was on leave, so there have been a couple questions which fell through the cracks. This is not an excuse, this is simply an explination as to why your question went unanswered for so long. Typically any forum question will be replied to within 24 hours. This week has been a rare exception. We apologize for the inconvenience, and are glad you were able to get through the captcha.

Additionally, if there is a question which might need a quick, or urgent response, please also try emailing us at admin@guitartricks.com. Our support email is checked every day no matter what, so someone will be able to respond to you immediately.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for communicating this with us! If there is anything esle we can do, please let us know.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
aliasmaximus
aliasmaximus
04/08/2022 6:46 pm

Hey Admin,

Thanks for answering and I apologize for the ill-mannered post. This whole going blind thing has me a bit on edge. As you aptly stated, this is not an excuse, merely an explanation. I just now deleted that useless post. Hope you don't mind.

Sorry to hear that GT Admin is so thinly spread that the loss of a single person can stress the system to the breaking point. I've been there repeatedly and know how stressful and unpleasant it is.

And thanks for dialing back the Captcha challenge length and difficulty. The audio challenges are now working (I get no error messages) and that helps tremendously.

Nicolai

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.