Using a looper ..for the person asking recently

manXcat
manXcat
11/11/2021 2:14 am

To the someone, and anyone else interested, who was asking about loopers and with looping "how to?" questions in their thread here the other day.

Just a heads up that Helen Ibe has just published a practical tute on that topic worth a watch.

Actual tutorial starts at 3.38

Have fun!

# 1
Sore.fingers
Sore.fingers
11/11/2021 7:13 am

I was curious about the use of looperpedals, but I think I have to learn some more skills before getting into it

Thank you for sharing, it is indeed worth watching to. (I follow Helen Ibes channel for a few months already. She's really an inspiring guitarplayer.)

# 2
manXcat
manXcat
11/11/2021 8:08 am

You're welcome. Yes to Helen being inspirational.

If you can play a chord progression comfortably, you can start getting used to a looper without overloading yourself or inviting frustration if you want to. I bought an inexpensive simple Ditto clone one within the first three or four months of learning to play. A little later I bought a more featured RC-3 clone.[br][br]Getting comfortable and confident with a looper and timing is pretty much just about trial and error through hands on time in with the tool IME, so just dive in the deep end once you're ready to. The tips Helen gave are on the money, especially the last one about reading the manual so you know your looper and how to make use of all its features.

[br]Cheers.

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.