It Must Have Been Love - Roxette

Susan_Montgomery
Susan_Montgomery
01/25/2021 8:57 pm

I guess I was in a Roxette mood today!

I'm doing well with the song but just can't do the barre chords. What would be the best variations for the Gm Cm and Eb and Bb? Is there an easy way to describe them? Is there anything I can just plain 'ol substitute for them? Are there other tutorials you can think of that describes the variations of these chords? Thanks! For now I am going to keep scouring the internet for any alternatives that might work too.

This is such a fun song to play. It's too bad I can't sing the whole thing though, I can do it up until the high notes! So when I record a video of this there will be no singing, just playing, which is fine since it's such an interesting song with all the changes going on in it.

“Often, what seems like an impossible climb is just a staircase without the steps drawn in.” Robert Brault, American Operatic Tenor

# 1
Susan_Montgomery
Susan_Montgomery
01/25/2021 9:31 pm

Ok, I think I have found variations that I can play that sound good for all of them...except for the Gm. No matter what I do that one just sounds "off".

“Often, what seems like an impossible climb is just a staircase without the steps drawn in.” Robert Brault, American Operatic Tenor

# 2
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/26/2021 2:51 am
Originally Posted by: SusanMWWhat would be the best variations for the Gm Cm and Eb and Bb? Is there an easy way to describe them? Is there anything I can just plain 'ol substitute for them?

The most common substitutions for beginners are: power chord or easiest triad.

So, for the G minor:

|-------3----|

|-------3----|

|-------3----|

|------------|

|--5---------|

|--3---------|

C minor:

|-------3----|

|-------4----|

|-------5----|

|--5---------|

|--3--------|

|------------|

E-flat:

|------------|

|-------8----|

|-------8----|

|--8---8----|

|--6--------|

|------------|

B-flat:

|------------|

|-------3----|

|-------3----|

|--3---3----|

|--1---------|

|------------|

Hope that helps!

P.S. Keep working on barre chords. :)

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 3
Susan_Montgomery
Susan_Montgomery
01/26/2021 3:23 am

Thank you! I forgot all about power chords as substitutes. Looking forward to trying them out tomorrow.

# 4
snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
01/26/2021 4:18 pm

Power chords are the ultimate substitution chords! No major or minor to complicate things. They are always a go to solution for quickly embroidering your songs with passing chords that enrich the sound of your progressions.

Captcha is a total pain in the........

# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.