GAS

john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
12/30/2020 2:18 am

I don't know why, but I want one; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvrhH6NpU84&ab_channel=DarrellBraunGuitar .

'...I'm updating the firmware on my acoustic...'

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 1
manXcat
Full Access
manXcat
Full Access
12/30/2020 3:48 am

All the significant You Tube influencers are getting a quid pro quo/freebie for positive spin reviews.

e.g. GuitarZero2Hero

No doubt Lag's HyVibe will be a huge hit with a certain demographic in particular and sell well despite its EU€999/AUD$1735 (approx) price point (shipped inc real bank exchange rate and other charges).

Won't be long though before the other brands follow with an imitation each offering something similar methinks. The minuscule LCD interface would irritate me no end.

AUD$1k over the price of a decent $750 e-acoustic guitar buys a lot of acoustic amp with inbuilt and/or external effects board or pedals. Personally I'd still prefer that route, but I can see the many intrinsic features and how they are implemented in this guitar like the looper and BT smartphone connectivity for jamming will be popular with many.

# 2
john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
12/30/2020 4:30 am

It just looks like a fun, albeit high cost, toy. Perhaps a little bit more elegant design than this; https://www.guitarworld.com/acoustic-nation/review-tonewoodamp-multi-effects-processor-acoustic-guitars#:~:text=The%20ToneWoodAmp%20is%20not%20a%20traditional%20amplifier%20but,and%20held%20in%20place%20with%20non-invasive%20double-sided%20tape.

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 3
Iman_Oldie
Iman_Oldie
12/30/2020 11:21 am

Perfect for some buskers ;-)

# 4
JeffS65
JeffS65
01/04/2021 5:20 pm
Originally Posted by: manXcat

All the significant You Tube influencers are getting a quid pro quo/freebie for positive spin reviews.

e.g. GuitarZero2Hero

No doubt Lag's HyVibe will be a huge hit with a certain demographic in particular and sell well despite its EU€999/AUD$1735 (approx) price point (shipped inc real bank exchange rate and other charges).

Won't be long though before the other brands follow with an imitation each offering something similar methinks. The minuscule LCD interface would irritate me no end.

AUD$1k over the price of a decent $750 e-acoustic guitar buys a lot of acoustic amp with inbuilt and/or external effects board or pedals. Personally I'd still prefer that route, but I can see the many intrinsic features and how they are implemented in this guitar like the looper and BT smartphone connectivity for jamming will be popular with many.

I mean, I saw this on the 'Know Your Gear' channel and it seems cool but I take it as something of a gimick. If it were just a little something extra, cool. It's not and not really thinking that all that extra investment is worth the what you get out of it. So, agreed, you can get a good bit more instrument with that extra cash you're spending.

That and call me a purist but I kinda like my acoustic to sound like its natural self.

# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.