Fiverr - in deep now - a sort of review

William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
09/04/2020 11:06 am

So the other day I had asked if other members had any experience with Fiverr. I did receive some feedback but nobody with any direct experience. Well, I can now report on how the experience has been and will turn out to - hopefully it will be a positve experience.

For those not familiar with Fiverr, it is an online freelance site offering a variety of services through various freelancers.

Here is the background:

I wrote a song and was looking for a vocalist of a particular style. I checked out Fiverr and found an individual who had the pipes I was looking for. I reached out to him via Fiverr, outlined in exact detail what I had - right down to the word count - and asked him for an exact quote. That amount worked out to be $231.45CAD. This next part is important to note: the amount fluctuates based on current exchange. The person recording the vocals lives in Spain - I am in Canada. When we 1st began communicating, the price in CAD $'s was less than $231.45. No big deal just a part of this that needs to be pointed out. I should also point out that the way the pricing is structured is in 3 groupings - sort of like "good - better - best". I purchased the "best" package which gives me more vocal time. There are packages offered that literally only provide a verse and some sellers on Fiverr break it down to seconds of recording time.

So, here is hoping that things work out. If not, well, we have a story to share and a cautionary tale. But I am not too concerned. Seems like a pretty big site and Mr Maph (vocalist) has a pretty big social media precence so I don't think he is living in mom's basement.

Once I have the vocals back I will put it together with the music and share it with you folks.

Edit:

Just checked my card balance online and there is a Fiverr pending charge for the amount of purchase. That's a postitive.

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
09/28/2020 5:25 pm

Thank you, William, for sharing your experience! Fiverr seems like an interesting program now that everyone is so socially distanced. We can do entire records over email and online sessions! I'm sure this will help other people in your situation.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
09/28/2020 11:34 pm

Pleasure. But anyone interested in Fiverr should read the updated post Here

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.